PDA

View Full Version : simple question WAS I WRONG ?

TheGremlin
11-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Hi ,

following hand on 100NL tourney. FIRST HAND IN TOURNEY !
I hold 3 3, call on last position and no raises to me.
4 people in the pot.

flop comes. Qd 7s 3s

ALL OF THE PEOPLE are all in.

should I call /fold ?

pshreck
11-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Very interesting question. I think its like 35/65 you are winning/ you are behind trip 7 or trip Q.

I would always call this... for time value. Either you are a huge stack early and have a great chance at going deep in the tourney, or you lose and waste 1 minute on the tourney and can invest your time elsewhere.

If time isnt a consideration then Im not really sure, but I always consider my time value when playing now when risking my chips.

willie
11-19-2004, 12:40 AM
yup, pretty easy call, if you fear set over set....eh just don't fear it, always another table opening up any minute.

TheGremlin
11-19-2004, 12:43 AM
I did not look at it this way but u r probably right.

as for that hand, I did call knowing that NONE OF THEM had
a set. ( no raises pre flop with QQ ? would have risked the A/K???).

I was right, the first joke who went all in had KQ off.
The second one had AA.
The Third one was Js7s to get his flush on the river and win the hand since board did not pair.

well , I saved my self a lot of time...

pshreck
11-19-2004, 12:49 AM
Dont be fooled by no preflop raises. Quite simply many players (even some solid ones) dont raise QQ in early rounds of a MTT. Im not sure why, but it happens.

As for set over set:

You are close to 99% sure that the pusher doesnt have a set (no player, weak, strong, tight, aggressive, crazy, etc...) plays a set in this way. The first caller could have anything, from TPTK, to overpair, to another PP that they think is good. The second caller should have you worried, they really should have a minimum of AQ (but this call is awful), probably an overpair, and quite possibly trip 7's or trip Q's. At a 100 dollar buy in, I think the second or third caller will actually be holding a set more often then you think, even if not this time.

Like I said... I still call. get 4k chips early or waste 1 minute.