PDA

View Full Version : Daniel N. sucked out again!

10-20-2001, 05:14 PM
These were 2 cosecutive hands that were played at my table in the monday night no-limit holdem tournament at the orleans months back right after the wpo in miss. It involved Daniel Negreanu and 2 other players. If you ask what was he doing playing a $20 tournament at the orleans for. He doesn't play them normally but I think he wanted to have some fun so he and Layne Flack went down to play.

Anyway here we go. 1st hand passed to middle position player(mp) who calls. Button calls(very aggressive bluffer) and Dan N. calls from sb and bb checks. Flop J,2,7 rainbow. Checked around on flop. Turn is a 2 putting a 2 flush on the board. Checked to the button who now bets $400. Dan N. calls from sb fold now mp raises all in. He was low on chips but had enough to make it a little costly to continue. Had $1,000. Button called and Daniel now eyed down his opponent trying to get a read without making it obvious he was staring. Finally he mucked. The mp was new to this table so nobody knew his playing style. turn them over mp has pocket AA's and button has Q3s for a flush draw. River blanked and mp wins.

Very next hand Utg goes all in for $900. Lokks like a desperation move. Same mp smooth calls the $900. Passed to Dan N. who starts playing with his stacks(he has about $2700 and mp has about $2600). While playing with his chips he peaks up to get a read on mp then say i'm all-in and pushes it in. passe to mp who calls instantly. They don't turn them over and 4 diamonds come on the boards and Dan flips the A of diamonds to take the pot. His other card was a black jack. Mp shows his hand. What did Mp have and how do you think he played these 2 hands low on chips in a fast tounament that you need to double up? Results later.

Btw, sorry this is lengthy, was kinda writing off the top of my head instead of wording things better I am in hurry.

10-20-2001, 05:19 PM
And how do you think Daniel played the 2nd one.

10-21-2001, 02:13 PM
Mp flashes his hand to Daniel, then politely throw it into the muck. He has AA of coarse. Daniel looks at him, mp says I had a feeling you might come over the top of me on this hand, how could you put me on pocket AA's 2 hands in a row. Daniel agrees and say thats what I was thinking. He leaves the table, and as he's leaving Daniel follows him and says you had to like the results. Mp replies, I didn't like the results, but I liked the situation. Daniel says thats what I meant. Keep playing like that and you'll go far. And that he was impressed mp didn't start screaming that he lost with AA's.