PDA

View Full Version : General questions about my game. ..

BusterStacks
11-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Ok some here are some weird things I do that are probably wrong, so fire away. Assume no read.

1) Open limp with 77 unless first in in LP, then raise. will also limp after one limper.

2) limp UTG with 88-99

3) call after 3 limpers in CO or button with KJo, raise if one limper

4) fold QKo to a single raise if I am on the button

5) fold almost all suited connectors if not in LP.

6) bet a paired flop if i have the unpaired card.

7) checkraise flopped 2pair from the BB

8) call with overcards getting 6:1. I justify with implied odds.

9) this happens all the time. One limper, folded to me in the BB. I check if I miss the flop, and am almost ALWAYS bet
at. I promptly fold.

10) assume my pair is the best hand with < 3 opponents on a paired flop.

Ok, now I am LOOKING for criticism (but conctructive). So let's have it.

balkii
11-18-2004, 11:23 PM
1) Open limp with 77 unless first in in LP, then raise. will also limp after one limper.

yes. raise the limper if he sucks and you have tighties behind you.

2) limp UTG with 88-99

mason just posted a hand where he openlimped UTG iwth 99 so you cant to far off. I prefer a raise though. game dependant however.

3) call after 3 limpers in CO or button with KJo, raise if one limper

yeup
4) fold QKo to a single raise if I am on the button

most of the time

5) fold almost all suited connectors if not in LP.

yes. althought they are playable from the blinds as well.

6) bet a paired flop if i have the unpaired card.

a little vague but I do this all the time...you usually have the best hand

7) checkraise flopped 2pair from the BB

now heres the leak in your game. you are thinking in far too general of terms. whether to bet or checkraise flopped 2 pair in BB is so situational.

8) call with overcards getting 6:1. I justify with implied odds.

you cant use the SSH version of counting outs. I dont like it. I see people on ehre all the time, "Well my overcards outs are worth 1.5 each blah blah blah." often your overcard outs arent worht [censored]. sometimes they're worth 6. hand reading. hand reading. sometimes your overcards have implied odds, and you can raise when you hit. sometimes they have reverse implied odds when you lose when you hit.

9) this happens all the time. One limper, folded to me in the BB. I check if I miss the flop, and am almost ALWAYS bet

now this is tough because I swear to god they do ALWAYS bet. but if you bet they ALWAYS call. I check/fold a ton here though as well. could be a leak. probably is. not sure that I care too much however. and in a full game I wouldnt even worry about it. 6max is another story.

10) assume my pair is the best hand with < 3 opponents on a paired flop.

still thinking in too general of terms. but yes.

got the "I just wanna cry!" blues? did you lose a whole 60 BBs? don't worry, you play fine. post hands not stuff like this.

BusterStacks
11-18-2004, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

got the "I just wanna cry!" blues? did you lose a whole 60 BBs? don't worry, you play fine. post hands not stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no. Although I did lose 60 bb, I dont care. These are just situations that "feel" weird and I'm too lazy to find specific hands.