PDA

View Full Version : another turn decision

joker122
11-18-2004, 09:55 PM
party 5/10

CO open limps, button limps, SB completes, I check with ATo in the BB.

flop: 2c 6c 6s, i don't have a club.

it's checked around.

turn: Tc

sb checks, i bet, CO raises, folded to me, I?

Chris Daddy Cool
11-18-2004, 10:10 PM
pretty easy 3-bet imo. if you think he can fold, a stop-n-go might be in order.

hard to imagine he'd slowplay a 6 with a flush draw out there and kinda odd that he wouldnt' bet a flush draw on that flop b/c with that kind of board he'd likely pick it up on the flop anyways. so yea, player reads help, but i'd 3-bet or stop-n-go.

of course if you get capped if you 3-bet that would suck, but i'd still see a showdown probably.

PokerNoob
11-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Unless he's one of these clowns that open limps 76 on a passive table, or is a noted slowplayer, I'm 3-betting.

Mike Mussina
11-19-2004, 02:12 AM
On Party, the majority of players think it is always correct to slowplay trips.

When there is a pair on the board, some try to bluff. But when players do bluff, they usually do it on the flop, because they only have to risk small bets.

Danenania
11-19-2004, 02:14 AM
I think there's a good enough chance he's raising with a worse T or a lone club to call down but I wouldn't 3-bet.

Scotch78
11-19-2004, 02:25 AM
I don't like a 3-bet here, for several reasons. If the villain has a worse ten (or is bluffing), re-raising may force him out and lose a river bet. If he has the flush, you're screwed. If he has a six, he is going to correctly call the raise even if he believes you have the flush. And then on the river he will most likely call again because of the pot size. I don't see you pushing him off the likely better hands, and I think jamming the pot won't charge the max from a worse kicker.

Scott

imitation
11-19-2004, 02:31 AM
I'd call then bet a non club river.

etizzle
11-19-2004, 03:02 AM
3 betting here is bad, as he is probably going to show you a 6. I would call and bet the river, and probably fold to a river raise, although i might call it if i have regularly seen this player be overagressive.

Guido
11-19-2004, 05:14 AM
I raise this preflop and yes I know it's close but I just like to raise /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. In that case I bet the flop and turn and call down after some aggression. I would call this turn raise down too.

Guido