PDA

View Full Version : Any scuba divers?

ACPlayer
11-18-2004, 09:01 PM
I managed to lose my Stinger.

Any suggestions on a replacement dive computer? Stick with the Suunto? Go back to the Alladin (now Uwatec Alladin Pro).

Air integrated or not?

My default decision is to replace the Stinger but any inputs will be more than welcome.

dogsballs
11-19-2004, 12:25 AM
I've dived a lot - approx 1k dives - but may not be much help. I never use anything fancy, though those suunto's look sweeeeet.

You don't need anything fancy unless you're a tech geek.
Do you think you'll really need air integrated..? I wouldn't pay for it.

dogsballs
11-19-2004, 12:28 AM
irrelevant dive story.
A friend of mine knew a guy who bought one of those dive computers you can download onto a PC. He was a regular at his dive shop I guess.

He took it out on a boat with a fishing rod and yoyoed it up and down to a few hundred feet, then took it back in and said: Can you download my last dives for me, please?

When he went back they were all like, what the f*ck have you been up to on your dives..!!? Couldn't believe he was still alive.

ACPlayer
11-19-2004, 04:08 AM
I hear you. I may go back to the Alladin Pro. It actually has more history and data behind the decompression models than the RGBM models of Suunto.

I agree on air integrated it was not an option for me. I even more agree on the remote sensing air integrated. The Alladin was my first computer and it may be the best.

Thanks for input.

dogsballs
11-19-2004, 01:59 PM
I have a sherwood logic. One button - easy to use once you figure it out. nitrox capable.

Also, it's the one the Natl Undersea Research Centre in the Keys uses as their standard, so they like it. Dunno if that helps, but I'm sure they did plenty of scouting to pick one.