PDA

View Full Version : Coulple Random Questions (Pokertracker and Bankroll)

Firefly
11-18-2004, 08:28 PM
Hey all, couple of questions i'm looking for advice on.
I've recently moved back to party (thank goodness) and am looking to become an S&G player, as that is where my talent seems to lie. I have a couple of questions.
1.Judging by my stats playing about 50 5+.50 or 5+1's on UB or Party of:
ITM:40%
ROI:24% (yes it's horrible, but i've improved recently)
And a bankroll of about $240
Should I move up to the 10+1's?

2. Pokertracker
Should I buy it? I know it's usefull, but is it as useful for SnG's as it is for ring games? With my smallish bankroll, when should I buy it?

Thanks alot for you're help. This fourm has already made my game alot better

Phill S
11-18-2004, 11:30 PM
PLEASE.

im gonna make the post no-one else can be bothered to.

learn to use the search function, its all there.

Phill

Bremen
11-18-2004, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1.Judging by my stats playing about 50 5+.50 or 5+1's on UB or Party of:
ITM:40%
ROI:24% (yes it's horrible, but i've improved recently)
And a bankroll of about $240
Should I move up to the 10+1's?

[/ QUOTE ] First off your ROI is not horrible. Second, 50 SNGs is way to small a sample to accurately measure it anyway. Third, stay away from the 5+1s on party. They're fishy, but the extra rake will cut your ROI quite a bit, and the 10+1 is just as fishy.

MrMon
11-19-2004, 04:22 AM
1. He's right, those stats aren't that bad. But it is only 50 SnG's.

2. Get out of the $5 games if you can. The rake is a killer. You've got approximately 20 tourney's at the $10 level in your bankroll. If you are cautious, you should have enough to ride out any bad streaks, assuming your stat numbers are correct.

3. I hope you realize the SnG's are two VERY different games at Party and UB. They require two different strategies. Personally, I'd go to UB, or my favorite site, Paradise. (More like UB, but faster blind increases.) Party doesn't allow for many mistakes with the low starting chips, and the players are crazy at low levels. Fish, yes, but some fish get lucky. However, play where you have the most success, then move to other sites and adjust accordingly.

4. Is PokerTracker worth 1/4 your bankroll? If you play UB, no, because it doesn't let you collect SnG result data. It does collect Party and Paradise SnG data, but once again, 25% of your bankroll? I just started using it, but kept almost all my data from the last 11 months, so it's proving useful, but I'm not sure how much I could have used it when first playing. There's enough going on during the games without adding that to the mix. If you can get your bankroll to $500, I'd get it if playing on a site that it can use the data from.