PDA

View Full Version : Flop fold in small pot

Trix
11-18-2004, 07:05 PM
vLoose-vPassive(pre), somewhat Aggro post limps, I complete SB with Qs9h
Loose, somewhat aggro BB checks, Flop comes Ah Qh 2s, I check, BB bets, limper folds, I fold.

If you play on from the flop, what is then the usual line. If you would have bet the flop, what do you do then if BB raise or calls if the turn comes a blankish card.

Guido
11-18-2004, 07:11 PM
I bet and hope to take it right there. I also bet the turn and fold to any aggression.

Guido

imitation
11-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Bet, call a raise on the flop and fold the turn unimproved or continue betting the turn and fold to a raise on the turn, check/call the river against a lag, though betting is probably close if they'll regularly call with worse.

PokerNoob
11-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Third vote for lead, call a raise, fold unimproved or lead, lead the turn and fold to a raise unimproved.

Benjamin
11-19-2004, 11:41 AM
What game are we looking at?

I'm assuming some amount of aggro trickiness from my opponent(s).

On the flop I like checkraising the loose somewhat aggro BB and I'm probably looking to show this down if I'm heads up with him. I don't like folding to a raise along the way because I'd pretty much expect a raise from a lot of hands I beat in this lovely world of small pot HU gamesmanship.

B.

spydog
11-19-2004, 12:02 PM
I lead this flop.

If BB raises and limper folds, then I 3-bet. What hands could he have that are ahead of you that he would not have raised PF? Not many.

If BB folds and limper raises, then I might lean towards a fold on the turn unimproved. He's much more likely to have an A, since he's passive PF.

If just called by either or both, fire away on the turn and fold to raise.