PDA

View Full Version : cure for bad mood?

theBruiser500
11-18-2004, 05:17 PM
When I'm in a bad mood I like to take a long shower, and then lie down in bed with the nice sheets and down blanket and turn the fan on. And I get ice cream with M&Ms and read Calvin and Hobbes. What do you do?

daryn
11-18-2004, 05:20 PM
i used to put some music in my stereo and lie on my back in my bed and just listen all day. wow. i haven't actually used my stereo in a LONG time.

Ulysses
11-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Do you also paint your toenails and write in your journal about how you hate men?

TheRake
11-18-2004, 05:23 PM
I enjoy skinny skiing and going to bullfights on acid.

Wake up CALL
11-18-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I recorded 6 hours of Dan Rather on election night on DVD. Whenever I feel a bit down I just pop in the DVD and all is better in the world.

Wakko
11-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Current mood: disillusioned /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Current music: the lonely whirring of my PC's fan

namknils
11-18-2004, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you also paint your toenails and write in your journal about how you hate men?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for this reply Diablo, I thought for sure Daryn was going to rip him a new one but was shocked he didn't.

Honestly, if you are in a bad mood just snap out of it! If you really need somehting grab a beer.

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hilarious.

When I am in a bad mood I masturbate.... works every time.

consequently, I have been in a bad mood a lot lately /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

daryn
11-18-2004, 05:39 PM
yeah diablo's got my back. see i told you sometimes i come through with serious replies.

namknils
11-18-2004, 05:41 PM
You're taking things too seriously with this job and dog crap. Kick some ass!

daryn
11-18-2004, 05:44 PM
don't worry, i still got it.

check the home poker forum for a thread called "heads up blinds question"

astroglide
11-18-2004, 05:47 PM
maybe we should eat.

maybe we should watch tv.

hey guys...wonder joints!

theBruiser500
11-18-2004, 05:48 PM
huh??

BusterStacks
11-18-2004, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is perfect.

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 05:49 PM
dop you not know what a joint is? perfect for bad moods.

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I just pulled a Daryn. Doesn't tenpercenter know you don't talk back to Carpal Tunnels??? I mean thats the whole reason I wanted to become one /images/graemlins/cool.gif

namknils
11-18-2004, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHa, that thread is great! I have a friend like you, we call him "Tom the [censored]" /images/graemlins/grin.gif. That's a complement, serioulsy. Good thread /images/graemlins/smile.gif

(That censored word looks like A$$hole)

sfer
11-18-2004, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I'm in a bad mood I like to take a long shower, and then lie down in bed with the nice sheets and down blanket and turn the fan on. And I get ice cream with M&Ms and read Calvin and Hobbes. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that Advil works best when I'm PMSing.

turnipmonster
11-18-2004, 06:06 PM
I run and write music. 3 weeks ago one of my friends died, and I went running in the pouring rain. then I wrote some music for him, because I couldn't think of anything else to do. tough day, but both those things have always pulled me through.

--turnipmonster

kyro
11-18-2004, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

vinna!

namknils
11-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Sorry to hear that Turnip, I hope you and all your friends family/friends are doing allright. Running is a good way to feel better, I don't know what it is but I think there are some scientific reasons having to do with the chemicals your body produces.

Topflight
11-18-2004, 06:15 PM
I think the same thing can be said about TSCs solution.

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the same thing can be said about TSCs solution.

[/ QUOTE ]can it be beat? (pun intended)

dr. klopek
11-18-2004, 07:12 PM
Yeah thanks for answering the question BTW. I went to that link and saw it was a poll, so I didn't read it.

bogey
11-18-2004, 07:25 PM
generally speaking, drink till i pass out and/or am in a good mood

Dominic
11-18-2004, 07:44 PM
what are you, 12??

offTopic
11-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Don't forget the Midol.

Lawrence Ng
11-18-2004, 09:43 PM
I call up Tina. We go out eat, movie, laugh and chat, and then she blows and fucks me after.

$500, worth every dollar. Cheers me up for the rest up the week.

Much better than therapy and drugs.

Lawrence

Sponger15SB
11-18-2004, 09:53 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

Sponger15SB
11-18-2004, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and this whole time I thought bruiser was a guy. Well this explains a lot!

Lawrence Ng
11-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Did you want Tina's number too?

She charges double for gay guys though.

bugstud
11-18-2004, 09:59 PM
zing!

Sponger15SB
11-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Didn't you see the thread last night, I had sex, and it was free. Well if you don't count 2 years of hard work with the same girl.

Also.... nice zinger, I think that was the first time I laughed at a joke of yours.

daryn
11-18-2004, 10:53 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Yeah thanks for answering the question BTW. I went to that link and saw it was a poll, so I didn't read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly!!! sweet vindication!

B Dids
11-18-2004, 11:12 PM
I start writing in all caps on IRC.

Or I'll eat ice cream.

If I'm actually feeling my age and not like giving myself a heart attack, I'll sit down and just write something to myself about how I feel and use that writing as a way to work out what's bothering me.

I'm not in a bad mood often, but when I am I'm so emotional that it totally drains me. So after I'm done acting like an emo 15 year old girl, I tend to sleep.

Blarg
11-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Jeez, ice cream, showers, clean sheets, and Calvin &amp; Hobbes! That's pretty much the same thing I like! You are clearly a man who appreciates the finest things in life, Bruiser. The only thing we differ on there is I like Mint Chocolate Chip or Rocky Road ice cream.

I find swimming also helps a lot. I love to body surf. It gets the blood flowing and exercise really can elevate the mood, plus water relaxes you at the same time a lot, and comforts -- it's kind of like going back to the womb in a way. It's almost impossible to go for a long swim, especially in the ocean, and not come out in a much better mood. You've got to be pretty much psychotic not to come out of the ocean better than you went in.

I also like to pack a lunch and hike out in the woods, especially some place with a mountain view. Seeing large vistas does a lot to untangle the knots in the soul.

And running and bicyclying in reasonably not-crummy looking places always seem to help a lot. They take time, and problems seem to come into perspective when you are moving through different places, getting lots of fresh air, and exercising.

When I was a kid, I used to go to the beach and sleep overnight on the trampolines of the catamarans people had pulled up on the beach. Just watching the stars and listening to the surf, and breathing the salt air always made things at least a little bit better when I was down, and cheered me up and gave me perspective when I wasn't. I'm sure I'll never sleep better for the rest of my life than I did back then.

namknils
11-19-2004, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You've got to be pretty much psychotic not to come out of the ocean better than you went in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate swimming in the ocean, the stupid salt water gets all over my body and face and if I get a mouthfull I need to throw up. I'm a fresh water man.

Blarg
11-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Sounds like you throw up very easily!

Fresh water is great if it's like a lake or a river or something - not a pool full of piss and chlorine. Well, it's still more relaxing than being on land, at least if there's not too much chlorine involved.

One of the things I really like is the surging of the waves in the ocean, though. It's like being rocked to sleep, when it's gentle, and it's good exercise when it's not. And nature is always DOING something that way, not just sitting there.

theBruiser500
11-19-2004, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are clearly a man who appreciates the finest things in life, Bruiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am. Plus, I like mint chocolate chip too, that and chocolate chip cookie dough (a taste I aquired while hiking).

theBruiser500
11-19-2004, 12:36 AM
"Do you also paint your toenails and write in your journal about how you hate men?"

Diable, your problem is you're emotionally insecure.

namknils
11-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I guess I wasn't really thinking about what you were saying. I like natural bodies of water, just not salt water. I'm in lakes a lot, don't go to the pool.

ArchAngel71857
11-19-2004, 01:30 AM
i'll sit down with a whole bag of Bon-Bons. And before I know it, the whole bag is empty!

And I feel just like that bag . . .empty.

-AA

Ulysses
11-19-2004, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Do you also paint your toenails and write in your journal about how you hate men?"

Diable, your problem is you're emotionally insecure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant to say "Yes."

Lawrence Ng
11-19-2004, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also.... nice zinger, I think that was the first time I laughed at a joke of yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said I was joking.

nicky g
11-19-2004, 05:58 AM
Except for the icecream bit, I like Bruiser's routine, although I'd probably have a bath rather than a shower, and I would also at some point have a drink.

This forum has become such a dick-swining contest it's not funny, even if it's meant to be.

daveymck
11-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Hmm When in bad mood I;

Shout at the kids.
Shout at the dogs.
Piss off our lass for a week (cos woman dont let stuff go).
Lock myself in my office and play on PC generally with beer.

Then my mood lifts, this combination works for me although I suspect one in particlar lifts the mood.

BeerMoney
11-19-2004, 09:28 AM
First, I rub my balls. Then I get some lotion. Then I put in a video.. Maybe something with a facials theme. Who knows. Then, I'm in a good mood in about 3 minutes.

Matty
11-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Mountain bike- headphones optional. Does the trick every time.