PDA

View Full Version : QQ-folding an overpair

Rubeskies
11-18-2004, 05:06 PM
UTG is on the loose passive side pre and post flop.
CO is also on the loose passive side postflop, but agressive preflop.

Hero is in MP with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

PREFLOP: UTG limps, Hero Raises, CO Cold calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

FLOP: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG checks, Hero Bets, CO raises, UTG calls cold, Hero Calls????

TURN: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG checks, Hero checks, CO bets, UTG raises, Hero folds...

NotMitch
11-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Why didn't you 3 bet the flop and/or lead the turn?

runa
11-18-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm guessing hero wanted to close the action on the flop and CR the turn, but UTG beat you to it? You put him on a 6 so now it's time to fold.

I would have probably also 3 bet the turn and/or lead the flop but I can also understand the hero's line of thinking. The CR on the turn seemed like a safe move having put UTG on a draw, you'e likely ahead of CO, no obvious draws completed and UTG already checked, but alas, fancy play has thus bit you in the butt. Since neither of their profiles seem to indicate a likely bluffer I'd fold too.

NotMitch
11-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Give that hero doesnt want to see a ace, king, jack or heart on the turn I think jamming the flop is the best. Plus what if CO is looking for a free card going for the turn CR here doesnt seem too good.

I'm not sure about the fold though, think your hand is somewhat underrepresented here nothing about you play so far screams overpair. Depends on just how passive UTG is post flop I think, if a raise means I can beat TPTK you are in trouble and a fold is in order.

Trix
11-18-2004, 06:01 PM
If your read is right, then you have an easy fold. You should 3bet the flop here for value and to avoid a check-through though.

runa
11-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Man talk about mixing words up, I meant to say 3bet flop, lead turn...I don't like calling/raising the turn as his play stands currently. It is however a protected pot, and even though you haven't represented TP then CO's flop raise and bet on the turn does, and the CR from UTG (we are assuming an unlikely bluff based on the read) cuts your odds down to spike that 2 outer on the the river.

Leading out would have been correct on the turn, I agree, and I like 3 betting the flop too. Had this been HU I would be more likely to try to pull this play off, but here its slightly risky.