PDA

View Full Version : how would u play both positions

wyattjames4
11-18-2004, 04:46 PM
i posted this in small stakes no limit and didnt get many answers, so ill repost it here

i was the button in this NL Home game, but give me your thoughts on the person one of the button too.

im dealt A7 of diamonds on the button. M1 calls .50 CO calls .50 I call .50 SB completes the bet and BB checks. 5 players
Flop is Kd, 7c, 3s. all 4 players check, then i raise it to 2 dollars. 3 callers, and then CO calls 2 and raises 5 more. I fold SB calls, BB calls, M1 folds 3 players
Turn is a blank card that I cant remember, but it goes check, check, bet 10 by CO and fold fold. CO ended up having pocket 3s.

I think I played it correctly from the button, but id like some criticism. Also do you think the CO shoulda reraised it on the flop or called to keep other players in?

SheridanCat
11-18-2004, 05:45 PM
I thought your play was fine. you tried to take it down with the flop bet and it didn't work out. You didn't marry middle pair, which is good. I could definitely see taking a free card, but the way you played it looked okay to me.

As for the CO with the set, I think he played it fine too on the flop. He let you start it off and he built a little pot. If the turn really was a blank, didn't put a 2-flush on board, I might have checked it through hoping to get some action on the river from the remaining players. He underbets the pot on the turn hoping for callers, but these guys just aren't coming with their draws that aren't going to come in. He probably wasn't getting more out of them anyway.

Regards,

T

Big Country
11-18-2004, 06:48 PM
I agree with Sheridan.. I like how both players played it.

You did well to toss the 7's, and I think raising bottom set with 4 other players already calling the $2 bet is correct. He got two callers and got them to lay it down on the turn. Nicely played.