PDA

View Full Version : A Clever Little No-Limit Move

10-12-2001, 02:26 AM
I'm kinda new to no-limit, but here's a little move I saw a player make who does well in the bigger tournaments make:

Daily tournament, 50-100 blinds, head-up at this point. The river card had been delt, which made a scary board, all someone needed was a queen for an Ace-high straight(about $800 in pot). This loose player with an average stack, who had limped with pocket 9's preflop, checked to the professional player who decided to bet the minimum very cautiously($100) like he was trying to sell the hand for whatever he could get. The loose player seemed to come very close to calling, but didn't. He turned his hand over before mucking. The professional turned over 6-3 suited, his busted flush draw. Everybody started cracking up, even the guy who threw his hand away.

(Have you ever seen this as a counter move: let's say the guy who mucked his pocket 9's, instead of mucking, re-raise just the minimum like he's trying to re-sell the hand back to the other guy.)

10-12-2001, 09:24 AM
Happens all the time and is an effective move. He was getting odds and should of called. I personally would of bet around 300$, 100$ screams of a steal.

that is all,

dannyboy :o)