PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Mistake of Calling when low on chips

10-11-2001, 03:11 PM
I played in my first $100 tournament yest

10-11-2001, 06:52 PM
Anyway you're right. Try to get your last chips in as a raiser. This gives you the extra chance to win when everyone folds, plus the possibility that the BB will call you with a weak hand.

When someone else has already raised, you can't win without a showdown, someone has already indicated some strength, _and_ you still have to worry about someone behind you picking up a hand. I really have to bite my tongue sometimes when players toss in their last few chips with a completely dead hand when the pot has been raised _and re-raised_. Why do they do it ? Well, because they suck, Gawd bless 'em.

How did it go anyway :-)

Andy.

10-12-2001, 04:44 PM
I got knocked out 17th and got my money back. Not bad for my first $100.00 by in tournment but still disappointing considering I could have stayed in a little longer.

10-12-2001, 04:49 PM
I didn't get to finish my post be for I got knocked offline. I was trying to say I didn't raise when I should have and allowed someone to come in and beat me on the river with a pair of tens. I did this figuring everyone would fold anyway, and if the raiser didn't have what he was representing, I might get a small pot without putting in all my chips; but I was wrong. Is there such a strategy as holding back some chips if you can when you are short stacked, or do you always just throw them all in recognizing someone will probably put you all in anyway and it might as well put yourself all in instead.