PDA

View Full Version : The Red Balloon

kerssens
11-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Anybody else remember this film from elementary school? How bout Voyage of the Mimi?

BusterStacks
11-18-2004, 03:14 PM
I do remember the red balloon. When I was in 2nd grade they put me in a gifted kids group and we had to explore the deeper meaning in that film. I was in 2nd grade, wtf.

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 03:17 PM
of course I remember that film. What about the color war or whatever the hell it was where different towns were one color, like red, blue, green, and [censored], and they went to the other towns attacking with paint.

Tyler Durden
11-18-2004, 03:24 PM
I remember Voyage of the Mimi. But it wasn't elementary school. It was 7th grade for me. Someone famous was on that show. Like one of the young boys became famous afterwards. Anyone know who it is?

I remember there was a character named CT, maybe it was him.

kerssens
11-18-2004, 03:58 PM
yeah, Mimi was 7th grade....starring a young Ben Affleck

kerssens
11-18-2004, 04:01 PM
The Red Balloon was usually followed by a rousing game of Heads Up Seven Up

Ray Zee
11-18-2004, 04:29 PM
the red ballon is one of the all time movie greats. not just a flick for kids. its really a movie for thinkers.

Topflight
11-18-2004, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the red ballon is one of the all time movie greats. not just a flick for kids. its really a movie for thinkers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad I'm not a thinker. All I got from that movie was a little kid prancing around with a red balloon and saying, "baaalah, baaalah"

Of course I was in elementary school, and was probably wondering why even that kid was more popular than me.

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this [censored] was sooo boring, Ray, you need to explain this sentence please.

B00T
11-18-2004, 05:15 PM
had to watch like all what felt like 6million episodes of Voyage Of the Mimi in like 4th grade. I remember we had to build solar stills, to purify water and drink it.

Only thing I remember from that show is some guy got hypothermia and was mad sick and having convulsions or something and we were all laughing that he was in some sleeping bag with another guy to get body heat. It could of fooled me. It looked like he was havin a grand ole time with the guy next to him in the sleeping bag.

I was smart back in 4th grade. Friggin courrpting my virgin-homoawareness mind.

Dominic
11-18-2004, 10:54 PM
I remember the Red Balloon...

I saw it in 2nd grade. I thought then, and still do, that it was quite possibly the gayest movie I have ever seen.

It's a friggen balloon, people!

Stupid French.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tek
11-20-2004, 11:51 PM
I just remember the driver's ed films where the kids get creamed in a big car accident. /images/graemlins/grin.gif