PDA

View Full Version : Final hand-Limit Hold’em Tourney

10-11-2001, 12:48 PM
Last night I played in a tournament and got down to the final table.

The last hand made me think a little about my final play.

The player I was heads up with was from my first table, and I had been watching him all night, If he had a good hand, he would not hesitate to bet or raise, if he had a hand that was Marginal to bad he would look at his cards for a long period of time. He seemed to think about it for a long time, and then either call or fold.

Blinds are 800-1600

I have about T6700

Other guy has about T5000

I am on the little blind and get, Ah Js

I raise to 3200

He does not hesitate and re-rises all in

What would you do in this situation?

Results Will come later

Walleye The fish with teeth

10-11-2001, 01:22 PM
first I would be thankfull that I still had asome chips left, second I would fold. While they were dealing the next hand I would be asking myself...is AJo really a raising hand?

10-11-2001, 01:48 PM
Call. He could easily just have any pair or a similar Ace.

Ken Poklitar

10-11-2001, 01:51 PM
You are saying that AJo against a random BB hand is a folding or calling hand? I can't imagine not raising in his situation.

What he didn't state was the prizes which would be the only reason to think about folding.

Ken Poklitar

10-11-2001, 01:54 PM
1st Place pays $461

2nd Place pays $248

Walleye

10-11-2001, 02:19 PM
So if he bombs he gets second.

M.

10-11-2001, 02:19 PM

10-11-2001, 02:21 PM
If he has a bigger ace, you're a 4-1 dog. If he has TT (certainly a good "automatic reraise" at this point) then you're only 6-5 down. If he has AA, well, pray for KQT.

There's enough in the pot relative to what you have to call that it's a call even if you know he has AK.

M.

10-11-2001, 02:24 PM
I missed that in my 1st read. Raise raise raise and then call his raise.

Ken Poklitar

10-12-2001, 11:55 AM
OK here is what Happend

I called leaving me with just a few chips.

He turns over QQ

I have AhJs

Well I didnt get a A on the flop, but I did get 3 hearts!!!

The turn was a blank

And the river brought the T of hearts!

I won the tourney. But thought alot about this hand. I made a move and got lucky....

Anyway, Just thought id try to get a review of this play.

Walleye, The fish with teeth

10-12-2001, 05:58 PM
sorry about my post...had just awakened and eaten abite. obviously was not really awake. yes, I like A and face there too.

10-13-2001, 09:24 AM
Making a move would be playing the same hand, but having 9h7c, being pot stuck and making the last call, and then making that heart flush.

Seriously, this is heads-up, and you guys are down to just over 6 small bets TOTAL. Luck is going to determine the winner here, and there are very few situations where it's going to be correct to fold, and NONE of them occur preflop.

If you had raised with 97o, and he went all-in, you should have called with that as well. Very few hands are worse than 5:1 dogs heads-up.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)