PDA

View Full Version : Struggling...

tolbiny
11-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Through 133 tournies (10+1 PP) i had an ROIof 40.5%, and really felt good about the way i was playing. The last 90 tournies have dropped my roi to 26% and its falling with every tourney i play.
Its getting frustrating and while i know my sample sze isn't big enough i don't want to wait till i hit 500 tournies to find out i am a losing player.
SO i currently Downloading PT- which i should have done ages ago.
But if someone who has played with me on the 10+1 tournies could tell me what they thought of my play it would help- if to boost my confidence, or to point me in the right direction to fixing my game.
My handle on Party is BlasTT.
thanks

rjb03
11-18-2004, 03:19 PM
You should post some tournament histories, both from when you were doing well and now where you're not doing so well. Sometimes, especially when winning, fundamental flaws can be overlooked and not recognized when losing because they are the same as when you were winning.

Unarmed
11-18-2004, 03:20 PM
I hear you.
41% ROI through 100.
19% ROI through 200.

For me its overaggression 5 or 6 handed, a problem I'm still working through. Why don't you post a whole hand history and get it ripped apart?

ilya
11-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Don't get too discouraged, man: a 25% ROI is nothing to scoff at.
Take a deep breath, post a HH or two, and keep winning.

spentrent
11-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Perspective RULES! Where else are you getting an ROI of 25%???

Assuming you're not selling crack to middle schoolers...

tolbiny
11-18-2004, 04:41 PM
needed to hear this stuff...
still mildly curious if anyone has any PT stats on me. Ego-centric as always.

lorinda
11-18-2004, 05:25 PM
For me its overaggression 5 or 6 handed, a problem I'm still working through. Why don't you post a whole hand history and get it ripped apart?

Whilst in your case, I suspect you had a lucky first 100 and an unlucky second 100, it is always worth bearing in mind (For everyone, not aiming this at Unarmed) that at some point in your career you will temporarily lose ROI as you try out some new things.

Getting the balance of these new things is done in the subconscious by trial and error and to start with you will often find you drop a little but rebound even higher at some point in the future because of it.

The learning curve in almost any game is the same, and poker is no exception.

Lori