PDA

View Full Version : thinking about getting laid...

Tyler Durden
11-18-2004, 02:14 PM
...w/ a girl that isn't my g/f. in other words, i'm thinking about cheating. my g/f and i have been dating for only a month, but there's some history b/c we dated earlier this year and we were good friends that hooked up until we started dating again.

anyway, i met this chick at a party on saturday night. she's 27 and doesn't care that I'm almost 24, and she thinks it's pretty cool that i play poker. So she gave me her number and I went out w/ her on Monday night. She's really sexy and we had a fun time but I was feeling guilty all night b/c I was out w/ a girl that isn't my g/f. I didn't even try to hook up w/ her, tho I got the feeling that it was a definite possibility. Even tho it's only been a month, my g/f def. would have been justified at blowing up at me if she walked into the restaurant or bar we were at.

Anyway, I think this might mean that I'm not prepared to have a g/f at this point in time. We're sleeping together regularly which is cool but I don't know if I want to continue to invest all the time and effort.

Does anyone dig? It's like when I was single I wanted a g/f, now I have one and it doesn't seem all that cool.

FWIW, I'm one of these guys that does pretty well w/ the ladies but I've been chronically single for a while now. I don't know what it all means.

Topflight
11-18-2004, 02:21 PM
It looks like the new girl is more exciting than the gf. Also, you haven't been with the gf long enough to have escaped the puppy dog phase and entered serious relationship.

My point is that you haven't been with this girl for like 2 years and have some serious history. You aren't deciding whether or not you are giving up true love for an exciting fling. You are basically moving from one fling that has gotten semi serious due to no other options onto a new fling that seems more exciting.

Your problem isn't whether or not to date this new girl, it's how to go about doing it. I don't think flat out cheating is the way to go. The gf should be informed or broken up with.

namknils
11-18-2004, 02:28 PM
I agree with Topflight, it seems like you aren't all that interested in your girlfriend. Don't cheat on her, just break it off with her before you start up with this other girl. It's only been a month.

slickpoppa
11-18-2004, 02:32 PM
When in doubt, whip it out. There will be plenty of time for monogamy when you are married. Almost every married man that I have talked to says that you should nail as many hoes as possible while you still can.

Sponger15SB
11-18-2004, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I think this might mean that I'm not prepared to have a g/f at this point in time. We're sleeping together regularly which is cool but I don't know if I want to continue to invest all the time and effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Break it off, cheating on someone is one of the lowest of the low things you can do.

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone dig? It's like when I was single I wanted a g/f, now I have one and it doesn't seem all that cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know many guys that have this problem.

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I'm one of these guys that does pretty well w/ the ladies but I've been chronically single for a while now. I don't know what it all means.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are gay.

MarkL444
11-18-2004, 02:37 PM
i could see going either way with this.
[ QUOTE ]
she thinks it's pretty cool that i play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
the bigger the role this played in getting her #, the less interested I would be in her.
[ QUOTE ]
It's like when I was single I wanted a g/f, now I have one and it doesn't seem all that cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
could this new girl possibly develop into something, if not i say pass.

turnipmonster
11-18-2004, 02:38 PM
when you are just honest with people you care about.

--turnipmonster

Tyler Durden
11-18-2004, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when you are just honest with people you care about.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you. The thing is, I'm not sure I want to pursue anything w/ the older chick. And also, I'm not sure I want to break it off w/ the g/f. Partially b/c I'm a pu$$y when it comes to that sort of thing. The first time I broke up w/ her back in March, she didn't want to talk to me for like six weeks, which really upset me.

I've thought about telling her that I don't think this is going to work b/c it's going to end eventually and I'll be upset again if we can't hang out, b/c I really value her friendship a lot. We always have fun hanging out, problem is we argue a lot about stupid things now that we're dating.

craig r
11-18-2004, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've thought about telling her that I don't think this is going to work b/c it's going to end eventually and I'll be upset again if we can't hang out, b/c I really value her friendship a lot. We always have fun hanging out, problem is we argue a lot about stupid things now that we're dating.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to tell her all that. You can just put a note in her locker.

Seriously, if you end it with her, don't tell her all that. If you guys can handle being friends then it will just happen. If not, well, there is nothing you can really do about it now.

craig

PhatTBoll
11-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Your current relationship has only been going on for a month, and you're already considering cheating on her. It ain't gonna work, pal. Do the both of you a favor and cut this chick loose.

YourFoxyGrandma
11-18-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first time I broke up w/ her back in March, she didn't want to talk to me for like six weeks, which really upset me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about what would happen if she found out that you cheated on her.

astroglide
11-18-2004, 03:03 PM
you broke up with her and she didn't want to continue to service you with friendship? how rude! my suggestion is that you point out that you cashed in the 2004 wsop to both of them. they'll do anything for you.

slickpoppa
11-18-2004, 03:09 PM
You propose a menage trois. The girl you are going out with will be disgusted and break up with you, but the other girl will be intrigued and accept. If the girl you are going out with is not disgusted, then you win anyway because you get to have a threesome.

Tyler Durden
11-18-2004, 03:11 PM
well they both already know. the wsop was after i broke up with her and a little before we started hanging out again.

the new chick knows also b/c when i met her and told her i played poker she told me that she watches poker on tv all the time, so of course i mentioned how i did in the wsop.

Tyler Durden
11-18-2004, 03:14 PM
That's an excellent idea. But the g/f isn't the type who would do that. The new chick definitely seems like she might be.

adios
11-18-2004, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW you seem to not want to be committed in a way that your g/f wants to be committed. IMO nothing wrong with that. Just try and talk to her about it. If she doesn't want to talk about it point out that this is one reason you could never be that committed to her because she really doesn't want to communicate regarding your feelings, what you want, and what you value.

Lawrence Ng
11-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Tyler you are my ultimate hero!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tyler, before you get married you have options. Options to dump. Options to keep screwing around. Options to choose.

Sadly and ironically enough, the only way you will ever know if you want to be with your girlfriend is to date other girls. Otherwise you'll keep second guessing yourself.

Good luck and enjoy this time. It's a blast.

Lawrence Ng
11-18-2004, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Break it off, cheating on someone is one of the lowest of the low things you can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no, the lowest thing he can do is listen the crap you say.

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did your blow up doll think the same thing here?

Sponger loses virginity. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1274098&page=1&view=e xpanded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=)