PDA

View Full Version : tournament deal question....

10-09-2001, 06:57 PM
recently i was one of 3 players left at final break of pokerstars tourney...only one 20.00 first place prize..freeroll tourney...i had about 25k...playerA had 95k and playerB had 85k...obviously i was a huge underdog and one would assume there would be an effort to eliminate the low man before a final war....but plA said to plB let's split the money 10 dollars each...i wonder if this is standard...whether overt or covert....anyway they agreed and it obviously was me against their better hand and they checked down when i was out...comments on the acceptance of this type of deal....thanks...gl

10-09-2001, 07:20 PM
This is very bad.

Implicit collusion is okay. This is when it is implied without words that we should pick on one player. For example checking down an all-in player is implicit collusion. No one bets since it is best to have the all-in player lose.

What you have in this situation is explicit collusion. The 2 players have agreed on a deal which puts you at a significant underdog.

You should report these players to pokerstars. If you have hand histories and chat logs then pokerstars can deal with this situation. Even if you don't I would assume pokerstars has it themselves.

Please let us know here or on the internet forum the results of this situation.

Ken Poklitar

10-10-2001, 04:10 AM
Can't believe this was allowed!

Any competent staff member watching the tournament (was someone there?) would immediately disallow such action.

10-10-2001, 05:27 PM
ohKanada is 100% right....even now is not to late to report this...which you MUST do. i think that they will be able to go back thru your playing records and trace this (hope, hope)