PDA

View Full Version : 4-8 nl questionable turn raise

nopepper
11-18-2004, 12:01 PM
ok its 3 handed and im on the BB with J7o

read on both player is loose somewhat aggressvie.

button limps, sb completes i knock we go to flop

Ad10d7h

checks around.

turn

7c

SB checks, I check, Button bets 8 sb fold, I raise to 16 he raises to 24 and I call??

river Jd
I check, he moves all in for about $250 and I call.

questions are as follows:
1) check this flop ok?
2) min raise on the turn ok? not re raising ok?
3) obvious call on river right?

beta1607
11-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Checking the flop is correct especially out of the BB
when you reraise on the turn dont min-raise you should pop it to 20 or 24 if you are going to raise there.
easy call on the river, hope it worked out for you.

swolfe
11-18-2004, 12:25 PM
check on the flop is good, and i'd probably call a minimum bet from a LAG in this situation where he may just be trying to pick up the pot.

i think the min raise is okay as a way of inducing a bluff, although if you're certain he's going to bet the river, i'd probably have smooth called and check-raised the river.

if you're worried about him drawing out on your trips, then a higher raise is in order on the turn.

if there's any chance that he's just trying to steal the pot i'd lead out on the river and not take a chance that he'd check behind costing you some money. my guess is he has two-pair or diamond flush and you're golden. easy call.

schwza
11-18-2004, 12:29 PM
i would bet out on that flop. it's unlikely the button has an ace, or he would have raised pre-flop. and the SB didn't bet, so there's a good chance he doesn't have one. if somebody has an ace and they call, you've probably got 5 good outs.

also, with the draws out, it's possible you're betting for value here (i.e., that you'll get called by a hand like 4d 5d that you'll beat in a showdown).

i'd lead out on that flop as you really don't want to give a free card. if you c/r, make it a real bet. this is not a limit game. i honestly have no idea what to make of his min-3bet over a min-bet and min-c/r.

river is fine.