PDA

View Full Version : What is your move here?

ShadowNC
11-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Villian was fairly new to the table...didn't have any kind of read on him. PF Raiser seemed to be playing somewhat loosely and seemed to also be slightly on tilt after losing a couple of hands.

.05/.10 No Limit Hold-Em on UB

seat 0 with $7.40.
Villian is seat 1 with $12.49.
Hero is seat 2 with $11.52.
seat 3 with $14.50.
seat 4 with $5.90.
seat 5 with $7.13.
(BUTTON) seat 6 with $10.40.
(Sitting Out) seat 7 with $4.45.
(Small Blind) seat 8 with $6.65.
(Big Blind) PF Raiser is seat 9 with $1.50.

Seat 8 posts the small blind of $.05.
PF Raiser posts the big blind of $.10.

Hero is dealt: 7d Ad

Pre-flop:

Seat 0 folds. Villian calls. Hero calls.

Pretty much every hand had been raised PF I only called figuring to fold to a large PF bet.

Seat 3 folds. Seat 4 folds. Seat 5 calls. Seat 6 calls. Seat 8 calls. PF Raiser raises to $.30. Villian calls. Hero calls.

Ok that's not too big a bet..figure PF Raiser and Villian to both have 2 face cards, so I call to see if I can hit a flush draw.

Seat 5 folds. Seat 6 folds. Seat 8 folds.

3 players see the flop....

Flop is 4d 4c 8d

Ok I've hit a nut flush draw just like I wanted.

PF Raiser bets $.30. Villian calls. Hero calls.

Figuring them both with face cards that flop probably missed them both...plus the bet is small. One more call to go for the flush.

Turn is Jd giving board of 4d 4c 8d Jd

Ok there's the nut flush for me.

PF Raiser goes all-in for $.90. Villian raises to $1.80.

At this point I figure PF Raiser has maybe K,J or Q,J and is betting the pair of Jacks. When Villian raises I put him on a A,J or maybe even a Queen or King high flush.

If you're in my position can you make any other read than what I've said above? What is your move here?

swolfe
11-18-2004, 11:10 AM
one probably has a pair of jacks and the other a lower flush, but i'd be wary of pocket 8's or jacks. it looks like villain re-raised to try to isolate the all-in guy, which isn't the right play for a full house or quads. if i had a boat i'd flat call and bet the river hard, so i think you're safe to re-raise him. you may lose to the pre-flop raiser with a (doubtful) boat, but you can take some money from the villain to make up for it.

i'd smooth call the villains raise to induce him to bet the river and re-raise him then.