PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands - NL50 6-max

Raiser
11-18-2004, 10:23 AM
#1 - I start this hand with $109 and have everyone covered. Main villain has $42. We are 4 handed at the moment.

I get AKo on the button. CO calls, I raise to $4, everyone calls.

Flop is A79r. SB checks, BB bets the pot ($15), CO folds, I push, SB folds, BB calls.

#2 - I start this hand with $80, villain has $65.

I get QQ in the BB. CO calls, SB folds, I raise it to $4, CO calls.

Flop is 872 (2 diamonds). I pot it ($8), CO raises to $20 (leaving himself $40 behind). I push.

amoeba
11-18-2004, 11:26 AM
I like hand 2 much better than hand 1.

In hand one, if hes calling, hes got you beat.

swolfe
11-18-2004, 11:35 AM
hand 1 either you're beat by a set, or being called by a bad player calling with a dominated hand (AQ). i'd lead out with TPTK and be prepared to dump it to a strong raise (unless it's from an uber-LAG)...it's really too fragile even short-handed. also, a 3BB PF raise doesn't seem high enough to protect your hand with everyone already having money in the pot.

hand 2 looks fine, although again, i think i'd raise it a little higher...

amoeba
11-18-2004, 11:58 AM
he can't lead out on the button in hand 1 as somebody already lead out for him.

actually I have a lot of trouble about how to play hand 1.

AZK
11-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Any raise you make is essentially going to make your opponenet pot committed. I personally like the line of play from Hero, I think at this level, for everytime you get shown a set, there are proably 3 or 4 times you get shown Ax, does anyone disagree? Also villian's stack is so shallow, your only raise is to push all in, if I had notes on villian being a rock or something, I'd fold...

JoeC
11-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Hand 1...I like the push here. If villain only has $42 getting all-in is fine here. The AVERAGE player on Party 50(not necessarily a fish) will call you with AQ, AJ, probably AT, and god knows what else. In my experience, the BB on Party 50 would have been MUCH more likely to pot it with AQ or AJ than A7 or A9 here. As long as he's not either (A) a rock or (B) a known good player, this move is fine.

Hand 2 is tough for me. I would push here, but this might just be a stupid move on my part. I tend to get overinvolved with overpairs...I will be interested in seeing what other people think.

AZK
11-18-2004, 12:33 PM
In a live, deepstack NL game, if he called your push you'd be toast in hand 2. But this is party, People are just as liketly to make this play with JJ- TT as they are AA-KK, and that's not the only reason to do it. People also make this play with hands like A8...I think longterm this is a +ev play...

swolfe
11-18-2004, 12:39 PM
ah, right...for some reason i thought he was BB. my bad. in that case, i like the push considering how short the bettor's stack is. i think you're still a favorite here most of the time.

Raiser
11-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. It sounds like I'm not getting too out of line.

Here was my thought process on each hand.

#1 - When BB bet into me, I felt he was on a weaker Ace. He had a perfect CR opportunity if he had 2 pair or a set. A smaller raise here really doesn't accomplish anything, so I pushed and he called with A7. Turn 7, river K.

#2 - This is the same guy as #1. His raise felt like a weak semi-bluff. The board is pretty coordinated here so I felt that if I was going to continue with the hand I had to push. I can't really lay down QQ on this board at these tables, so I pushed, he called with 87 and won.

A week ago these plays would be automatic for me, but I've been running bad lately and just wanted to check myself.

Ben
11-18-2004, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think at this level, for everytime you get shown a set, there are proably 3 or 4 times you get shown Ax, does anyone disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least at the 25s, you'll get shown weaker As here ALLLLLL day long.

-Ben

schwza
11-18-2004, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In hand one, if hes calling, hes got you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is patently false in a NL50 6-max game. a lot of my profit comes from people overplaying AJ or even T9 in that spot.

Raiser
11-18-2004, 02:30 PM
So schwza... Are you on board with how I played these hands or would you have done something differently?

soah
11-18-2004, 07:20 PM
I can't believe people hate the first hand. The guy bets $15 and has like $23 left... saying he will fold anything that loses to TPTK is absurd. He's calling with whatever he bet with unless it was a complete bluff, and you can certainly beat their hand more often than not.

The only potential problem I have is that there are still other people left to act, and we don't know their stack sizes. If they have deep stacks, I would just raise enough to set the initial bettor all-in and hope that maybe one of the others will call as well with something you can beat. I'm not sure it makes too much difference though.