PDA

View Full Version : Mirage- thurs. night holdem tourney...

10-08-2001, 09:20 AM
I'll be in vegas soon and I'm thinking about entering the thurs. night weekly 120 dollar buyin no limit tourney at the mirage. Likewise I'm looking at the O'rleans 60 dollar weekly Friday night no limit tourney.

Can anyone give any advice or info concerning these events?

I'm curious as to the average amount of opponents, the payout structure, the ratio of good local tourney pros to tourists at these events, etc. Any strategy advice would be welcome as well

thanks, hillbilly

10-09-2001, 10:44 AM
Both tournments are well run and start on time. Entry Fees at the Mirage is $120 with a $100 rebuy. The Orlenes costs $60 with rebuys at $40. Both tournments usually have 60-70 players and pay only the final table. If there are less than 50 players, the Mirage pays only top 5 places (not sure about Orlenes). First place is around $3000 at the Mirage and $1800 for the Orlenes. The Orlenes tournment gives you a $10 bounty if you knock someone out of the tournment.

Generally about half the players know what they are doing with the Mirage field is somewhat tougher on the whole although there is a lot of crossover. Since there are only 70 players, good solid play and a little bit of luck will get you to the final two tables. After that things get tougher. Good Luck.

10-09-2001, 03:36 PM
..'preciate the info. I'm going to give it a try.

God willing and the creek don't rise, (assuming my flight is not canceled) I'll be at the Mirage for the Oct. 25 7:00PM tourney for sure. Hope Ray is in town then as I plan to parlay my winnings with some of his surefire keno picks :o)

10-14-2001, 09:49 PM
I am going to arraive in Vegas at 5:00pm Thursday, what time does the tourney start and also the Orleans tourney. Thanks!