PDA

View Full Version : Loose Call?

ToneLoc
11-18-2004, 07:39 AM
Table is 6-max 20-40.

Comments on all streets appreciated, but very interested on your turn decision versus a loose goose...

<font color="green"> Preflop </font>
Hero is SB holding A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain (quite loose) limps UTG, which he does with a wide variety of bad hands.
2 folds, Button raises (button is kind of loose as well, no huge read yet).
Hero calls, BB calls, Villain calls

<font color="green"> Flop </font>
3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, BB checks, Villain bets, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

<font color="green"> 3 to the Turn: </font> A /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets, BB calls, Villain Raises, Button folds, Hero?

Thx.
J.

bugstud
11-18-2004, 07:51 AM
I think the PF play is at fault here. I think folding is the play here. Once you're here I call down.

imitation
11-18-2004, 07:56 AM
I don't like calling PF I would fold, I 3-bet the turn to charge BB max for draws or possibly get them to fold AJ-A9(??) if villian caps I can fold river unimproved.

ToneLoc
11-18-2004, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like calling PF I would fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here, but these guys were really loose. Still the decision is probably incorrect.

[ QUOTE ]
I 3-bet the turn to charge BB max for draws or possibly get them to fold AJ-A9(??) if villian caps I can fold river unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain ain't folding a better ace here!
Also I put the guy on some weak ace preflop, and with him betting the flop an raising the Ace, it looked a lot like he had two-paired, in which case I'd rather call-down, and prey for a non-diamond river...

Thx for comments here.

imitation
11-18-2004, 08:10 AM
No i wondered if BB was loose/passive and would fold a better Ace, I guess online its highly unlikely. BB seems more likely on the flush draw thats why I like 3-betting and it's possible button would still have put the turn raise with TT-KK isn't it?

ToneLoc
11-18-2004, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB seems more likely on the flush draw thats why I like 3-betting

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree he is most likely on a draw, but it seems the chances that my hand is good are just to weak to three-bet. Also i was detered by the possible cap by Villain if my read is good.

[ QUOTE ]
and it's possible button would still have put the turn raise with TT-KK isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The button has not put a turn riase, Villain did. Thing is there was no way the guy only limped preflop with TT-KK...