PDA

View Full Version : Live 30/60 Hand

vector2
11-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Just entered the game, so obviously no real reads on anybody. Second hand I pickup AQo in the SB. MP limps. Button limps. I raise. BB calls. MP calls. Button calls.

4 players to the flop:
5-T-5 rainbow

I bet, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn:
A

I bet, BB raises, MP folds, Button folds, I call.

River:

I check, BB bets, I call.

Edit:

Here is one more hand from later that night that I forgot to post:

I pickup AQo UTG. I raise, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop:
AxK/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets. I raise. CO cold-calls. BB calls.

Turn:
[A-K-7] 3

BB bets, I raise (was this correct?), CO cold-calls. BB now folds.

River:
J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, CO bets, I call.

vector2
11-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Cmon, nobody?

wgarvin
11-18-2004, 01:59 PM
FWIW!!!! and to return your courtesy.

On hand 1, absent a maniac read, I put BB on a 5. You have led when an Ace comes into 3 callers, having raised PF. You strongly rate to have an Ace - or a premium pair. He will not expect to move you off the hand. So is he going to invest 2BBs with a 10 (or with the other possibility, an intermediate pocket pair). So I fold the turn (if sober etc etc). If I call the turn raise I must call the river.

Hand 2. I find it very hard to put CO on anything but a flush draw. Perhaps Ax /images/graemlins/heart.gif suited. If he flopped or turned 2pr he would take action to protect his hand. If he has a bad Ace he is a very bad 30-60 player.

But such things exist. I call the river bet. Information and odds require it.

vector2
11-18-2004, 02:34 PM
I appreciate the reply. On the first hand, if I rate the BB to be relatively decent, what do you guess are the odds that he has simply has a medium-big ace rather than say A5s or 56s etc? How many good players would three-bet from the BB with AKs or AQs for that matter? I would also guess there's the possibility that he attempted to slowplay TT on the flop but it got checked around.

As for the second hand....are there any circumstances where you can get away from this hand if you're absolutely certain instead of just guessing the CO has a flush draw?

flytrap
11-20-2004, 05:40 AM
In the first hand, I'd call down. He could have a 5, he could also have an A that he thought he got lucky to hit. Also, I'm not sure the suit, but if the A is a different suit than the T, and it puts 2 of the same suit on board, he could have a T and another of that suit to give him a pair of T and a 4 flush.
In the second hand, he's prolly got a flush, but could also just have an A. Call, and expect to lose most of the time, but you'll win on occasion. The turn raise is automatic. Betting sometimes shows more weakness than checking. He would likely CR if he had you beat. If you're going to call, it's often better to raise instead. You probably lost to a flush, but you made a lot of Sklansky dollars on the hand because you played it very well.

TStoneMBD
11-20-2004, 09:42 AM
good lines on both hands. folding is reasonable on the 2nd hand but player dependant and usually a call. raising the turn in hand 1 is also player dependant and varies on how aggressive youre image is, but i like raising by default.

Lawrence Ng
11-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Hi Vector,

Hand 1. Provided you have zero reads at all, I think you played the hand fine.

Hand 2. Looks like a flush draw alright. Pay the CO off. Pot is too big to lay that hand down.

Without reads on players for either hands, it's pretty straight forward play.

Lawrence

vector2
11-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. Hand 1: He had AQ for the split pot. Hand 2: He had Q10h for the flush.