PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Foxwoods hand

10-04-2001, 12:59 PM
This hand isn't one that needs to be scrutinized or analyzed, I just thought that some of you that play in the tuesday night foxwoods tourney would appreciate it.

There were two tables left. I was struggling to survive at one table and the big stacks were battling it out at the other table. Everyone that plays Tuesday knows Carlo. He was still in the tourney and as most people know, if he's still in with two tables left, he most likely has a big stack. He a super aggresive play and isn't afraid to splash his chips around.

The hand: I did not actually witness it so the details could be a little hazy, but here goes. This was at the 100 200 blind level. The first player in the pot makes it 400 to go. It gets folded around to Carlo, who makes it 1500 to go. Everyone folds around to the original raiser who decides to go all in for 2100. Carlo calls.

The board comes:

A Q J 6 2

And the hands are:

First raiser: 4 3 of diamonds for a final hand of four high.

Carlo: 5 3 of diamonds for a monster five high.

FIVE HIGH TOOK DOWN THE POT!!! Five high for an almost 5000 dollar pot. For those of you who don't know, they only give you 200 to start in the tourney, so a 5000 dollar pot is huge.

Anyways, I thought some people who play in this tourney would be interested. It was the first time that I saw 5 high take down any pot, never mind a significant one.

Peace

Goodie

10-04-2001, 07:55 PM
nice post very intresting.one thing u must agree on is carlo can play and knows who to raise and who to avoid hes sharp and in my opion the best no limit player in ct

10-04-2001, 07:57 PM
there aren't many possibilities for a 5 high to win a pot. in fact, the starting hands have to coordinate with the board so that there is precisely a 2, 3, or 4 on board (so that the 5 can be a significant 'kicker'). and there are only 2 ways a 5-high can be significant and at the same time beat another hand for each rank (2,3,4) that is on board. obviously there are a good number of boards that qualify, but these conditions are rare. (then again, you are probably not going to see hands like 53 showndown unimproved unless they are all-in before the river)

10-04-2001, 08:31 PM
I've seen that happen a few times before. Trop NL tourneys. Well, maybe not a few times! lol great report

that is all,

dannyboy :o)

10-04-2001, 11:07 PM

10-05-2001, 06:34 AM
In response to Jimmy Guest's post...Don't get me wrong... I like Carlo and he's agressive. He has above average reading skills. But he tends to be very reckless and loses almost as many hands as he wins. I'm afraid he's way down on the list of the best. I can think of many, many better players in that weekly tourney alone, and even more throughout CT.

Keep Playing Hard!

10-05-2001, 09:48 AM
I'm calling the poker room manager for slipping in a deck with two treys of diamonds.

--JMike

10-05-2001, 02:02 PM
I have played the Tuesday Foxwoods NL tourney 8 times. I would say that Carlo is one of the more aggressive players. I havn't seen him do very well in those tournies although he did bust me once. I would assume his style would lead to some huge stacks at the final table.

Ken Poklitar

10-05-2001, 02:22 PM
I have played Carlo too, either in tournaments ou satellites.

I agree he is above average and aggressive but to say he is the best NL player in CT, well, you figure it out...

Nicolas