PDA

View Full Version : AKs flops two pair vs. TAG - 5/10 6-max

JrJordan
11-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Another hand from my most recent session. Villain here is fairly strong (18/14) but a little on the aggressive side whenever he senses weakness.

Party Poker 5/10 (6 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is BB

Button limps, SB folds, Hero raises, Button calls

Flop(4 2/5 SB): K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls

Turn(3 1/5 BB): 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button folds

Okay, so here's my reasoning. As I said before, tight is pretty TAG and has basically been raising nearly every time he enters a pot. This would be the time for him to do so considering he's on the button and folds are to him. His limp suggests he has a mediocre hand that he wants to play, perhaps a mid pocket pair or suited connector. Either way, it looks like the flop missed him pretty good. If I show strength by betting out, he could easily fold. Did I maximize by check/calling the flop and check/raising the turn? It certainly defines my hand well, but if he has nothing, would it make a difference?

Dark Force Rising
11-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Nothing like finally making a hand HU against someone capable of laying one down.Call the turn and hope he doesn't check and fold the river is as good as it gets.

Dark Force Rising
11-18-2004, 12:28 AM
check and hope he bets the river.Sorry.