PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods 5/10 Kill @100 game

jar
11-17-2004, 08:15 PM
I've been on a good run lately at the 4/8 game, and I'm thinking of taking a shot at the 5/10 Kill. For those who don't know, anytime a pot of greater than $100 is pushed, the next hand is a kill. The pot's winner posts a $10 kill blind regardless of position (the normal blinds are posted as well, unless the kill is in a blind position), and the hand is played 10/20. The kill trigger is still $100, so you basically stay at 10/20 until a blind steal or a flop bet takes down a small pot.

What adjustments will I need to make in this game? I watched it a few times, and it looks just as good as the 4/8 game; plently of players cold calling with junk and chasing all the way. Sometimes it seems to play very loose passive in 5/10 pots, and very weak-tight in kill pots. Any advice is appreciated, especially if you play in this game regularly.

I'll probably be there friday from around 1pm onwards if anyone wants to meet up.

zombies kill
11-17-2004, 08:37 PM
its practically identical to the 4/8. if youre on a short roll... just tighten up when its killed. but of course dont play scared... the kill results in some wonderful $200 pots every now and then. otherwise just rock and roll with your slightly bigger profits.

midas
11-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Jar - I agree with Zombies - It plays just like the 4-8 game. I you start playing at 1pm on Friday you can be playing with the grey haired, regular rocks and have a super tight came that rarely is a "kill" game. The last few times at FW - I've bounced between the 4-8 and 5-10 tables if the games became super tight. Good luck and bring extra money - with a couple of loose players in the 5-10 game your stack tends to fluctuate more than your typical 4-8 game.

Oblivious
11-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Ive never played in this specific game, but i do have a lot of experience in AZ kill games (theyre almost all kill games there). It sounds like you should have a 10/20 bankroll for your foxwoods game. In a kill pot, a bet is still a bet, so as long as you have your 10/20 roll, the increase in stakes alone should not make you change your play. However, since the table tends to play week tight on the kill (make sure this is actually happening and its not your mind playing tricks on you), you should turn up the aggression a bit. That same aggression might not be effective against loose passive players in a 5/10 pot. Have fun.

Luv2DriveTT
11-17-2004, 11:03 PM
HOWEVER... some tables tend to go on tilt when a kill hand comes. The tightest players can become super-LAG. Play your pre-flop holdings just like a normal hand, and you will find it easy to adapt.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

sfer
11-18-2004, 01:20 PM
Make sure you feel comfortable at the limits, be they kill or not, and also make sure you subtract 1 BB from the pot when it exceeds $100 (if it's already a kill pot, subtract 0.5 BB, obviously). Recognize the action players who salivate at the kill pots.

It's a great game. Good luck.

NJchick
11-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Played this game 3 days straight druing FARGO. GREAT game. Play to the nuts and be prepared for HUGE swings. This is a high variance game. I had a few senior citizens in my game, but they tended to be loose and light thier money on fire going on uber tilt.

Be prepared to buy into this game for a rack of reds with $500 behind if things go south. You want to have alot of ammo. The game tends to get better after midnight when the WPT wanna-bes infest the game.