PDA

View Full Version : Two hands against a 2+2er

Trix
11-17-2004, 08:08 PM
I openraise KdTh on the Button, he 3bets in the SB, so far he has gotten out of the way when I have raised here and let the very loose guy in the BB defend. The BB has left though at this point and is now some new guy.
I call.

btw, Iīm not sure if he knows me or not but I have been raising alot in LP, shown down Kxs once.

Flop: Qs 8c Jh

He checks, I check ??? (Actually Iīm thinking that I should raise the turn here, but pussy out /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Turn: Js
He bets, I call ???

River 5c
He checks, I bet ???

I thought he woud put me on some kind of made hand when I call the turn, so I bet when he checked.

Another one against the same 2+2er.

I openraise K9s in the CO, he 3bets on the button, BB calls, I call.

Flop 8c6h3d

BB checks, I bet???, BB folds and I check-fold turn 8s

Michael Davis
11-17-2004, 08:19 PM
I think in hand #1 you are getting called on the river by a medium pocket pair, but a bet might be worth it if he wil sometimes fold his hand.

In hand #2, I don't see much reason to bet this flop. You have him sandwiched between the BB so betting more stuff than usual might be good here, but this flop is so benign he's not folding anything he threebet with. So the plan of betting the flop and check-folding the turn is a pretty bad one, IMO.

-Michael

Trix
11-17-2004, 08:24 PM
2) Thought he might fold overcards since the BB is behind and I probably shouldnīt be betting that flop without a pair.
Thought atleast overcards without an Ace.
Also with the BB coldcalling two preflop, I didnt think he would get too aggro that often with just A-high.

1) I dont really know if he would fold or not, but thought he may after I call the turn as the board isnīt that drawy.

MAxx
11-18-2004, 12:20 AM
hand 1, i check the river. i just see a high likelyhood that he calls you down... with maybe as little as Ace High. It appears that he is three betting because he has dialed into your wide range of raising pf. I think raising the turn would increase your chance of taking the pot w/out showdown, but I would not want to be put in the situation of having to call a 3bet to see if your OPESD comes around.

hand 2, i check fold flop. flop doesn't do much for you, you are probably behind and don't really know if hitting a K or 9 on the turn will help you or cause more leakage. I checkfold flop and try again later.

NLfool
11-18-2004, 01:28 AM
hand 1 I think you have to check behind as the 5c river makes no kind of hand. If you have T9 for the flopped straight you'd raise the turn, if you had a J you'd raise the turn. If you had like KQ you'd either bet the flop and/or maybe raise the turn and check the river play.

Unless you've shown some real thin value bets I think you get called here a good number of times