PDA

View Full Version : Turn action, protect or try to get more value?

Trix
11-17-2004, 07:56 PM
I raise 9h9s in MP after UTG limps, BB calls.

Flop: 7c7h3s

I bet and only BB Calls.

Turn As

BB is loose and passive. I dont think he bluffs at all, so I can fold to a CR for sure. I´m not sure how often he will call that fold with overcards that doesn´t contain an Ace though.

Should I check behind, so I can valuebet the river vs a small pocket pair ? or should I bet to protect my hand from overcards here ?

You do think that he will lay down a low pair here right?

Edit: Board was wrong, was 773.

NLSoldier
11-17-2004, 07:59 PM
I think you should bet the turn and probaby the river as well, depending what the river card is.

Rounder041
11-17-2004, 08:10 PM
I agree with betting the turn here, its another value bet. I would not doubt he calls down with worse than you have and pays you off. And like you say, if he C/R, and you knwo you are behind, then well, you know you are behind. If you check the turn and he bets out at the river, then what do you do? do you put him on that ace, or what?

Trix
11-17-2004, 08:11 PM
I aggree with the board I typed first /images/graemlins/crazy.gif , but you still bet when its 773 instead?

NLSoldier
11-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Ah, ok this makes more sense. I think I am still betting the turn though.

Trix
11-17-2004, 08:26 PM
So you must think that he has overcards or wont fold a worse pocket pair here too often to give a free card.

Would it change anything if I could fold the river to a bet, so I save one against Ax.

NLSoldier
11-17-2004, 08:31 PM
If you bet the turn I think you can fold to a river bet but if you check the turn then folding to a river bet is worse i think. So by betting the turn you can hopefully get to showdown for 1bb and fold if he check raises or bets into you on the river.

If you are really conviced he has a smaller PP then I think there is some value in betting the river as well because if he calls the turn despite the Ace, he will probably call the river.

Trix
11-17-2004, 08:36 PM
What if I dont think he will bluff the river, but only bet with the Ace if I check-through?

Pretty much meaning that I can valuebet when he checks and fold when he doesnt.

You really think he will call the turn with a pocket pair when the Ace hits ?
Or how often will he have overcards when he calls the flop ?