PDA

View Full Version : $51 = 12 plastic bags

Homer
11-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Why don't supermarkets have paper bags anymore? I went shopping today, spent $51 and ended up with 12 plastic bags. One had two little Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich type things in it and that's it. Where the hell are the environmental protestors when you need them?

jmark
11-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah this whole bag thing has gotten out of control. Sometimes I go in to grab 1 item and they try to put it in a bag. It's especially frustrating when it's something that has a freakin handle on it, like a 12 pack of coke or whatever.

kerssens
11-17-2004, 08:00 PM
I still usually get asked if I want paper or plastic...actually they word it more like "plastic okay?"

Bukem_
11-17-2004, 08:54 PM
They should have them, you usually have to ask though.

Tyler Durden
11-17-2004, 08:57 PM
This is part of the reason I use the self checkout. I only go the grocery store in my hood that has the self checkout. And it has paper bags.

eric5148
11-17-2004, 08:59 PM
The usually have them, you just have to ask.

Dude, you eat Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches? How many heart attacks have you had?

Slacker13
11-17-2004, 09:50 PM
My wife loves the plastic bags, she uses them to pick up dogshit in the yard. I say leave the dogshit where it is.
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wacki
11-17-2004, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah this whole bag thing has gotten out of control. Sometimes I go in to grab 1 item and they try to put it in a bag. It's especially frustrating when it's something that has a freakin handle on it, like a 12 pack of coke or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I went to the grocery store just to buy a gallon of milk. They still put it in a plastic bag.

What I love it when you buy something that fits in your pocket like a pack of gum and they put that in a plastic bag.

Blarg
11-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Burns out the grass.

GuyOnTilt
11-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Hey Homer,

Most places have paper bags; you just have to ask for them specifically. I used to do that, but lately I've stopped caring I guess. I do like paper bags better though, unless they're handleless. Then they suck balls.

GoT

Alobar
11-17-2004, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I went to the grocery store just to buy a gallon of milk. They still put it in a plastic bag.

What I love it when you buy something that fits in your pocket like a pack of gum and they put that in a plastic bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always tell them I don't want a bag. I always get a strange look too, like I'm some sort of freak for not wanting the loaf of bread or whatever piddly little thing I just bought shoved in a plastic bag that I then have to throw away.

Cosimo
11-18-2004, 01:40 AM
I use plastic bags as small trash bags (e.g. "this meat container needs to go to the dumpster tonight") or stay-fresh cheap-ass ziploc baggies (usually for stuff that's only going to be in the fridge a few days). Or for carting a few grocery items to work.

cnfuzzd
11-18-2004, 02:54 AM
i use them to suffocate my enemies. also, good for dispersal of dismembered body parts.

peace

john nickle

Ulysses
11-18-2004, 03:00 AM
All the places here still have paper or plastic. But the people who really care (not me) all take a couple of canvas shopping bags to the grocery store. You can put a ton of Jimmy Dean in those, Homer, go for it.

uuDevil
11-18-2004, 04:36 AM
It's a dilemma. (http://reusablebags.com/facts.php?id=7) But it's easier for me to store/reuse plastic bags, so plastic it is. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

astroglide
11-18-2004, 12:37 PM
they have recycling bins for them at the front of the grocery stores in my area so you bring them back on your next visit