PDA

View Full Version : Changing Chips at the Table.

10-01-2001, 04:56 PM
I also posted this in the General section as a related thread came up:

I've noticed that when I'm playing in tournaments and I don't have the proper change, other players will voluntary reach over and make change for me! When the blinds are $60 and I have a $100 tournament chip sitting out in my blind, many times a player near me will reach over, take my chip, and give me 3, $25 chips and 5, $5 chips! When I first saw someone do this I was quite confused, but then I realized that many players get placed in this situation and it's meant as a helpful gesture. And since dealers don't have any tournament chips in front of them, they often ask players for change anyway.

What do you all think of this? Does this only happen at Lucky Chances here in Colma, or is it a universal thing? I don't want to go to another card room and get my hand broken when I try and make change! Obviously the chips are out in front on the table --I never touch another players stack unless the dealer asks me to make the blind bet when the player is away for some reason.

What do you all think?

10-01-2001, 10:52 PM
I see it all the time, it,S a helpful gesture. I think the change maker should leave his chips on the table until the one needing change accepts the change as correct. Good luck

10-02-2001, 12:54 AM
I do not believe there is a hard and fast rule on the ettiquette of this situation. If I can not post my proper blind I toss a chip to the nearest player and ask for change please. When I see an opponent can not post the proper blind I ask Change?