PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker $10 Limit SNGs

Larimani
11-17-2004, 05:26 PM
I have recently started playing the $10 LIMIT SNG tourneys at Party Poker and have found them very soft.
I usually play at the 0.50/1 ring games.
Do you think it might be more profitable to play limit tourneys instead of ring games?
How does the rake compare in average to the ring games?

Looking forward to your replies & comments.

Irieguy
11-17-2004, 06:55 PM
The rake is higher per unit wagered in SNGs. But you can earn a similar rate with lower variance at SNGs as compared to live games.

This topic has been covered exhaustively already, so you might find a search more productive than waiting for people to explain this in this thread. But I think that ansers your question.

Irieguy

Irieguy
11-17-2004, 06:58 PM
See "bad streaks-cash games vs. SNG games" by minwoo on 11/11/04 for the best recent discussion on the topic. JA Sucker is correct.

Irieguy

pshreck
11-17-2004, 07:00 PM
I think you will be sacrificing too much time value by switching to limit SNG's. They take a while, and even with a great ROI you might be making less than your ring games.

stillnotking
11-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Do you have aspirations to compete in higher buy-in tournaments one day? If so, SNGs are probably better practice.

If your main concern is making money, my advice is to decide which one you're best at (SNGs or ring games) and stick with it.