PDA

View Full Version : HU turnplay, I raise and then fold

Alobar
11-17-2004, 05:00 PM
no reads on this guy

party 5/10 6max

I raise UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Everyone folds to the BB who calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets, I call

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB bets, I raise, BB 3 bets, I fold

thoughts?

Rakkad
11-17-2004, 06:04 PM
I would raise and cap the flop, if he lead out on the turn I would consider folding, if I had a read on him, he could have bet into you with a flush draw on the flop, or a A with a weaker kicker.

Given that he 3bet the turn, he probably has you beat, I would have tried to figure it out on a cheaper street though.

Guido
11-17-2004, 06:28 PM
I raise the flop but the turn isn't a bad spot either HU. I would probably call down.

Guido

kiddo
11-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Normally, if he had flush, he would checkraise u. Thinking that is enough for me to call it down, hoping river will help, or he overplayed. You only have to win something like 1/5 to make it ok calling turn and river.

bxpeter
11-17-2004, 07:34 PM
I don't think players normally go for a checkraise when they have been betting out with their flush draw all along. If opponent had check-called the flop, I would be highly suspicious of a turn bet out.

This hand, depending on my read of opponent, I would either call down or fold (obviously). I would probably fold more often than call down. Normally I would raise the flop. If I had just called the flop looking to raise the turn, I may consider just calling this particular turn card and raising the river.

Apocalypse
11-17-2004, 07:43 PM
since you're getting 4:1 effectively and no implied odds i think you have a pretty good fold.... i must say i think represent the far minority on this forum though /images/graemlins/smirk.gif