PDA

View Full Version : General strategy for playing party 20-30 people s&g's

kickingit
11-17-2004, 03:34 PM
i play alot of the 10people s&g and do well with them. i have been trying to play the 3 tables at party and always find my self finishing between 12th-8th and was wondering if someone could spair information about strategy for them

UOPokerPlayer
11-17-2004, 06:18 PM
At what limits?

tentwenty
11-17-2004, 06:43 PM
I'll make this my first post on the forum. If you are coming in 8-12th repeatedly it is because you are not stealing blinds enough. Wait until the action is passed to you at the final table and push in your stack with junk once in awhile if you notice the big blind playing especially tight and the blinds/ante are significant. Attack the blinds of short stacks. If you are playing tight solid yourself you will often be able to successfully steal. Good luck - Ten20

Irieguy
11-17-2004, 06:49 PM
The main difference between the SNG singles and the SNG multis is that the blinds are lower relative to stack sizes in the multis once you get to the final 30-40% of players. Understanding this is crucial, and sufficient to be able to beat them (if you already are beating the single tables.)

If you play the multis with correct single-table strategy, you will get 6th-12th a lot.

Irieguy

PS-because of the payout structure, if you extrapolate max value ITM% from the singles and apply it to the multis, you will see that you cannot make as much per hour playing the multis. So, unless it's just for fun, it's kind of a waste of time.

kickingit
11-17-2004, 07:34 PM
I would not say that this is for fun I am trying to work on my tourney skills b.c i almost always play ring games and I want to make a the transaction to turneys were there are nice big pay outs