PDA

View Full Version : live $1/2 nl hand

Fairless
11-17-2004, 03:34 PM
I am dealt 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in late position and limp behind 4 limpers (its OK to limp here right). Six players see a flop of 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG ($400) leads for $8 and is called in two places. I($800) call the $8 and raise $30 more. UTG folds and both middle position players call (both of which have less than $300). Obviously I wasn't looking to get called but I have outs. The turn brings the J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and it is checked to me and I check it (anybody bet here). The reason I didn't bet the turn was both the players left in the pot had shown earlier in the session that they would call off their money w/top pair type hands and I get to use the old cheap river card play. The river is the 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif giving me the nuts again checked to me and I bet $75. Just wanted some comments about the hand and see what some of you better players thought.

Thanks,
Fairless

swolfe
11-17-2004, 03:48 PM
i think you played it exactly right. UTG's under bet screams weakness, so the semi-bluff raise was good (obviously as the bettor folded). it also got you the free river card.

the river bet...i'm not sure. i may have gone ahead and either pot bet it (which could look like a steal), or bet something a bit smaller that would have been sure to be called by any kind of hand. since you have a fishy kind of read on them, then it was probably fine.

amoeba
11-17-2004, 04:29 PM
I think your line is pretty good.

one question though, do you think they would fold a AX spade draw on the turn to a 2/3 pot bet from you?

if so, I might have made a bet on the turn.

but otherwise I like the check better.

leykis
11-17-2004, 06:42 PM
After the flop I think you played this very well. Im not so sure about playing this hand pf. You really need the perfect flop that you got. If you get just a good flop for your hand you can lose your stack with the second best hand.

Even with this flop you still pretty much need the perfect river that you got to make any money here. If the river was a spade that didnt make your str flush, or the board paired on the river or turn your pretty much done.

Wayfare
11-17-2004, 06:49 PM
You should definately limp this hand in LP if you are comfortable playing with it after the flop. If you aren't, then don't /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtr
11-17-2004, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im not so sure about playing this hand pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we were talking about short-stacked Party games I could agree with you, but look at how deep the stacks are in this game. I would certainly play 86s in LP in the game described.

creedofhubris
11-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Looks fine.

A case could be made for just calling the flop, since you're getting good odds to draw.

edge
11-18-2004, 10:27 AM
I like the flop raise - with three people already in, if two call, it's for value, and you can most likely get a free card if you miss on the turn.