PDA

View Full Version : Funny $215 Hand.

Chief911
11-17-2004, 03:23 PM
We were down to 5 handed, and I had half to close the chips. 3 of the other people were all low stacks (Around 700), and one guy had 2500 or so. I had pushed a few times through the small stacks as they were all playing timidly trying to squeek in. The other big stack was also playing semi-timidly, as he should in this situation.

I could not believe the call here. I felt like my reraise would mean an autofold here, and I think if I were in the medium stacks position, I would probably fold AA here. Thoughts?

***** Hand History for Game 1189396937 *****
NL Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Trny:7250963 Level:5 Blinds(100/200) - Wednesday, November 17, 14:17:39 EDT 2004
Table Table 14452 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 9: hero ( $4890 )
Seat 2: Sxxx ( $1050 )
Seat 7: Wxxxx ( $2795 )
Seat 3: Pxx ( $575 )
Seat 1: Wxxx ( $690 )
Trny:7250963 Level:5
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ 4d 4c ]
Wxxx is all-In.
Sxxx folds.
Pxxx folds.
Wxxx calls [590].
hero is all-In.
Wxx is all-In.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jh, 6s, Jc ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 3c ]
Wxx shows [ Ts, Qs ] two pairs, jacks and threes.
Wxx shows [ Ac, Ks ] two pairs, jacks and threes.
hero shows [ 4d, 4c ] two pairs, jacks and fours.
Wxxx finished in fifth place.
Wxxx finished in fourth place.
hero wins 2095 chips from side pot #2 with two pairs, jacks and fours.
hero wins 4210 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, jacks and fours.
hero wins 2070 chips from the main pot with two pairs, jacks and fours.
Wxxx has left the table.
Wxxx has left the table.
The Small Blind left the table. The Dealer button remains in place.

adanthar
11-17-2004, 03:39 PM
I don't get why he didn't reraise and I *really* don't get why he called. Okay, I get why- he knows you'll make that reraise with about ten thousand hands in this spot- but he brought this on himself and really shouldn't call.

However, if he had AA-KK and maybe QQ I think this is an autocall since he doubles through you most of the time; it's at least a lot closer with aces and kings.

Chief911
11-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Adanther,

We are 5 handed, not 3 handed. I'm absolutely pounding the small stacks, and its no more than 3 orbits before atleast two of them are gone. They appear willing to see who grows balls and calls me first. I simply cannot understand why he would call here. Now if he reraises allin, I probably let my hand go. But he just calls. I think that either going allin here, or folding is correct. But calling is horrible. And calling my reraise was AWFUL with any hand. Why risk with ANY cards getting knocked out in 5th or 4th when there are 3 small stacks at the table. I think you are hard pressed to make a good argument for calling my reraise even with AA and KK.

Nick

adanthar
11-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Okay, I completely agree that initially calling is horrible *unless* he has exactly AA-KK and wants you to come over the top.

I am not sure how to do the ICM calc, but if he has AA and knows you will reraise all in with any hand you play, he has an 80%-85% chance of taking the resulting main 4K pot and will also probably take the 1.5K sidepot. This is as opposed to a 15-20% chance of busting out and 2K left if he chooses to call/fold. If he call/folds, he's playing for second or third since you will continue to bully the table (or worse if UTG wins the hand); if he wins the hand, he will actually make more than 5.5K because there will still be 4 people in and he can steal from you and the other 1K guy with any 2.

I would want to see the ICM results but I think with aces it's a net positive and kings/queens are close.

dogsballs
11-17-2004, 09:12 PM
AK guy shoulda auto all-in'ed PF. Not close, imo.

OneStuckFish
11-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Doesnt make much sense. On another note...after reading your "running hot" post, I happened to catch you playing a 530 on stars while I was in a 215. Im not sure how you ended up, but were up fairly well early on. Hope things continue for you, play looks pretty aggressive. Good luck. (Dang..i forgot to note you, but I do remember a noted QQ all in play over a raiser and 3 callers during level 1 /images/graemlins/wink.gif
OneStuck

Daliman
11-18-2004, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AK guy shoulda auto all-in'ed PF. Not close, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. He set himself up for a big stack steal there. AK is just too vulnerable.