PDA

View Full Version : uh-oh...now I'm hooked in Internet tournaments

09-27-2001, 12:18 PM
After my first finish in the money last week, I was wanting to get a little practice in online before tonight's next FTF encounter at the thursday limit hold-em tournament.

I started playing Paradise poker - one table, 10 players...Blinds move fairly quickly...top 3 places take home 50, 30, and 20 percent.

Anyone ever played these tournaments? (sorry, don't know if this should be under internet poker, but I'd not be playing on the internet anymore if not for this) -

Pretty cool...where else you gonna find a tournament with a 5 dollar buyin...pretty good practice.

RB

09-27-2001, 12:55 PM
Yeah they are fun. I would NOT recommend the $5 tournies since the vig is $1 (20%) which is the same as the $10 tournies.

Ken Poklitar

09-27-2001, 03:38 PM
I love the Paradise Poker tournaments. I have played only the $50 and $100 tournaments. I'm up over $500 so far playing only a few tournaments.

It's funny because I don't do very well in the regular Paradise games, but the tournament makes me think about every single play and I pay attention to people and odds and everything else. I've never finished lower than 5th place. I wish I could sustain that kind of concentration during the regular games but this damn ADD:). I really enjoy them. They take between 45 minutes and an hour. You can usually jump on Paradise and be in a tournament in 5 minutes. As far as I've seen, only the $100 tournament must attract the good players cause the $50 and lower are filled with fish playing way too many hands.

CB

09-28-2001, 04:18 AM
I like these tournies too. Got to be careful about the swings in the low limit ones. People stay in no matter what the odds and I have been sucked out on really bizzare hands. I swear I have seen more flushes made in on tourney event than a week of regular poker. Good Luck!