PDA

View Full Version : Online dating success/horror stories

Topflight
11-17-2004, 02:42 PM
I haven't tried this, but if my gf and I ever broke up I think I would. Are any of you guys meeting people this way?

Give me some stories!

astroglide
11-17-2004, 03:46 PM
i did it a bit and it felt like "cheating" to me in terms of the fish-in-a-barrel factor. it seemed like every girl i ran into was abnormally insecure.

Topflight
11-17-2004, 04:17 PM
I just did some searches. I find the people with depressing names and defensive profiles funny.

SadLonelyGirl: I just want a nice guy. Don't message me if you are only interested in sex. Guys suck.

Combine this with a dark grainy picture of a fat chick.

Yeah, you sound fun!

daryn
11-17-2004, 04:39 PM
my buddy met a girl on the internet and eventually married her. in my opinion it was the steal of a lifetime as she is not only completely normal, but very attractive also. and my friend is NOT.

Topflight
11-17-2004, 04:48 PM
My step-sister hadn't dated anyone in about 7 years. She was becoming depressed. My dad paid for her to do eharmony, she was against it but finally agreed. She is now dating a guy that I will meet in a few weeks during xmas vacation. It appears that she is very happy with this guy. Neither of them are attractive, but she is so happy right now because of this.

My dad says it was the best $50 he ever spent.

(I think it was $50, maybe $25)

Topflight
11-17-2004, 04:52 PM
I was just searching some listings back in the north texas area, for a friend that still lives there, and I found my ex-girlfriend on Love.com.

How weird is that. The pictures she has in her profile are ones that I took when we lived together. She is holding my teddymonkey.

Kinda weird, kinda weird.