PDA

View Full Version : Folded to River Bet : 61.54%

Yeti
11-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Is this abnormally high? Seems like it could be.

I do realise why it's so big - I'm a huge LAG so I raise a lot of hands preflop then if I miss it tends to go : chk bet call, chk chk, bet fold. Occasionally I'll pick off a bluff with a medium pair but a lot of the time I have ace or king high and have to fold.

I am however a winning player. Is this likely to pose a problem?

Obviously my aggression factor also drops quite dramatically from the flop onwards.

Thanks.

jtr
11-17-2004, 08:54 PM
It would be scarily high for limit but seems a sane figure for many winning NL strategies. My number is 65%.

soah
11-18-2004, 03:00 AM
It sounds high because it's only counting the times that you've faced a river bet rather than all times that you make it to the river. Mine is at 57% but if you look at the overall river actions I'm only folding about 17% of the time that I get to the river. Many rivers are checked through, and if I have a nice hand I'm more likely to be betting than calling.

schwza
11-18-2004, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a huge LAG so I raise a lot of hands preflop then if I miss it tends to go : chk bet call, chk chk, bet fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish that line had a name - i feel like the majority of hands i lose go exactly that way.

Ben
11-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Same here.

soah
11-18-2004, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a huge LAG so I raise a lot of hands preflop then if I miss it tends to go : chk bet call, chk chk, bet fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish that line had a name - i feel like the majority of hands i lose go exactly that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

When hands start going like that, I change it to check bet call, check check, bet call. Works great against certain players that keep calling you on the flop with absolutely nothing to see if you'll fire again.