PDA

View Full Version : Party Tables

BobboFitos
11-17-2004, 12:49 PM
I just recently started playing Party as opposed to Stars (the softness is really extraordinary...) and I can't be happier. I played 1/2 blind PS and the move couldn't be any more fun.

I would hope fellow 2+2ers dont assail others' poor play. My bankroll on the site is small, (although quickly growing) so I'm playing the 25 NL rooms right now, and I've witnessed such anger at the tables, so to speak. Just a message: When someone calls an all in with T8c, and cracks Kings, WE LIKE THAT! I shook my head when that happened to me, because I LOVE IT! Yet 3 of the other players went ballistic at what an idiot the guy was. And he got up and left shortly afterwards.

So... Just a reminder; (this has been emphasized in previous threads) treat the fish, the wannabee sharks, the casual gamers, etc. as people. Doesn't mean you have to praise what beautiful plays they make, but the "wows," the "you are an idiot," "u suck," etc has no place - the message is WE DONT WANT TO CHASE THEM OUT. If I'm stuck in a game with only fimbul, wayfare, sponger, etc I'm not liking my winrate. Got it?

Tilt
11-17-2004, 02:43 PM
I agree.

I have taken the step lately of lashing out with equal force against the bashers. Seems to help more than defending the play of the fish.

Saying something like "Well if you didnt play Kings like youd never seen them before" or "Jeez if you've never had kings beaten you must be pretty new at this" or "What about that call you made 3 hands ago - look whose talking!" This can help tilt the player as well.

Or if you defend the fish you can make yourself look fishy. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif