PDA

View Full Version : playing against a double check-raise on the turn

Girchuck
11-17-2004, 10:39 AM
K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the CO.
A very LAG UTG limps, I raise, folded to the BB who is a decent player, he calls, UTG calls

Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet both call.

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

Checked to me, I bet, BB raises, UTG re-raises.

What should be my next action, assuming I see the river, what is my river plan?

Scotch78
11-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Cap the turn and raise the river.

Scott

ChicagoTroy
11-17-2004, 12:24 PM
why?

pdavester
11-17-2004, 01:08 PM
I would fold the turn without thinking much of it. If the first guy doesnt have you beat, the other one does. And the thing is you dont know what your outs are, if you have any. Did he hit a gutshot (drawing dead) did he hit a set (drawing dead) or did he make two pair (drawing live to your 5 outs and 3 to pair the board other than his two) but you dont know which two pair he might have so you dont know which board pair you want. Its a nasty spot and I would fold. If I had to guess he had 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the turned two pair

Your Mom
11-17-2004, 01:11 PM
capping the turn is silly, raising the river is even worse.

Scotch78
11-17-2004, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold the turn without thinking much of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott

PokerNoob
11-17-2004, 01:29 PM
BB is checkraise semibluffing with a flush and straight draw, UTG is reraising because he's a looney and has something he can show down. That's your best case scenario. Fold.

Girchuck
11-17-2004, 04:44 PM
I called two bets, BB called.

River was 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif )

BB bet, UTG folded, I called, and he showed K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, so I won, but not as much as the aggressive guys here would.

Huskiez
11-17-2004, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB is checkraise semibluffing with a flush and straight draw, UTG is reraising because he's a looney and has something he can show down. That's your best case scenario. Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, that turned out to be true.