PDA

View Full Version : What would you call with...

networkman
11-17-2004, 09:11 AM
I was in a 30 + 3 SnG at PP yesterday when this happened:

4 players left

Blinds 150/300

UTG: t2002
(Me) Button: t2225
SB: t1625
BB: t2148

UTG (Ah 8h) goes all in, I fold, SB (Ks Kh) calls, BB (6s 6h) calls.

The kings won it and the other 2 were knocked out on the next hand (by me, lol).

Anyway, the BB made a horrible call. What, if anything, would you call with in that situation?

I can't see myself playing any hand other than aces in that situation. I would probably throw away aces If my chip count was a few hundred less.

Jman28
11-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Don't throw away aces, silly pants.

I'd call AA, KK, QQ, AK... depending on the players, JJ, TT, AQ may work too

tallstack
11-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Ditto

poboy
11-17-2004, 09:36 PM
I would call here with AA-JJ and probably AK. I wouldn't even consider folding AA-QQ, if the raiser was the rock of rocks I might muck JJ and AK. I have not and will not ever fold Aces preflop, I don't even think Hellmuth lays down AA.

slickterp
11-18-2004, 12:20 AM
i'd call w/ AA or KK. you're big stack and looking at definitely getting in the $$ so why call w/ anything less?

raptor517
11-18-2004, 12:53 AM
1 situation to fold aces. u have about 10 chips and everyone has about 3.33k chips. your in the bb, utg goes all in, button goes all in, sb goes all in, u have 10 chips, and u have AA. if u quadruple up you have 40 chips. its pretty much pointless to risk going out when u can almost guarantee yourself second. i duno, only time i can actually see folding aces preflop.

texasrattlers
11-18-2004, 02:19 AM
You have come up with an interesting situation where it definately makes sense to fold AA. But other than an extreme like this that we will probably never come across, I think the question of fold vs. play AA is silly.

Here is an entertaining article on folding AA in limit: http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archives/angelo31.htm

Just the way I see things now.

poboy
11-18-2004, 06:13 PM
The way I see it, I'm getting in the money either way. 2 of the 3 players are going out or very near out. I can't be busted out on this hand. Let's say I call w/ JJ or QQ, I lose to SB but beat UTG and BB and finish at least 2cd. Let's say UTG wins, that means SB is gone and BB is shorter stacked than I am so I finsh at least 3rd probaly 2cd. The same if BB wins, so basically it's a win-win situation. Of course there is the chance that I might win the hand, and then they are all gone. I think the only way this could backfire would be if the pot were somehow split. Am I wrong?