PDA

View Full Version : Young Buck wanted for stabbing

Jman28
11-17-2004, 07:02 AM
Why would someone mess with Dre and expect not to get stabbed??

This is silly.

ddollevoet
11-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Why would anyone support an industry that promotes activites like this?

ThaSaltCracka
11-17-2004, 11:44 AM
you don't mess with Dre, this is widly known.

Rushmore
11-17-2004, 11:56 AM
I am so impressed with the "hip hop community." I could never understand why the racist music industry wanted to keep them on the outside looking in.

I know I definitely want these folks to attend any gathering or function that I might have. They really put the positive "vibe" into any human interaction.

But I'm still grieving for ODB, who, his mother tells us, was a "sincerely gentle and sweet and giving soul, first and foremost, a good son to be proud of."

Oh, I see. It's a world gone mad. OK, then.

ThaSaltCracka
11-17-2004, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am so impressed with the "hip hop community." I could never understand why the racist music industry wanted to keep them on the outside looking in.

[/ QUOTE ] The music industry kept them on the outside looking in until they realized that Hip Hop music could make them a lot of money. Don't act like the music industry has any morals.

Rushmore
11-17-2004, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The music industry kept them on the outside looking in until they realized that Hip Hop music could make them a lot of money. Don't act like the music industry has any morals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't act like the music industry had any morals. The music industry is intrinsically evil. I'm sorry if I implied otherwise.

What I meant to say was that there is a longstanding argument that certain "artists" have traditionally been kept down (see Michael Jackson's Tommy Motola rant), and, evil or not, my guess is that they might not be all that wrong to do it, from some perspectives.

Unless, of course, we find all of this [censored] entertaining, in which case I guess it's all good, up in here.

Of course, some folks find snuff films entertaining, too, so I guess it's hard to say what's right, what with all the moral relativism we got goin' on right about now, up in here.

ThaSaltCracka
11-17-2004, 12:16 PM
well, I see your point. I think what happened is sad, but IMO the blame probably falls on the poor security at the Vibe awards. That would have never happened at the VMA's or the Grammys.

Rushmore
11-17-2004, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, I see your point. I think what happened is sad, but IMO the blame probably falls on the poor security at the Vibe awards. That would have never happened at the VMA's or the Grammys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that the VMA's or Grammys are worth a damn (even though they amazingly managed to give TOOL a Grammy a few years back), but it is perhaps true that this sort of thing wouldn't happen there because there isn't quite the predominantly pro-violence pro-alpha male mentality there that would logically exist at the VIBE awards.

But give it time, soon enough, ODB will be up onstage ebowing some stupid folk-turned-rock girl musician away from the podium in a very aggressive display of bravado that will give him cred in the "community."

Oh, sorry. That already happened, and he's dead now, so I guess it can't happen again.

Which brings me to this: Maybe Shawn Colvin had something to do with ODB's demise. Vendetta, perhaps?

Or do they call it a "feud?"