PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Million Satellite

casper
11-17-2004, 05:15 AM
We are down to the last four playing for a spot in the Aussie Million. The big stack at the table has been making quite a few raises, he usually min raises his better hands and makes it 3/4x the bb with his weaker holdings. A few hands earlier he made a 4x bb raise and I came over the top of him for about 3000 and he folded. The blinds are 300-600 and I'm in the sb with pocket tens. I have 12k and he has me covered with 16k. The small stack is ~900 and the other player has about 12k. The big stack open raises for 2k I make it 5.5k bb folds and big stack pushes. Whats my play? What do you think of my re-raise preflop? Thanks in advance.

bads33d
11-17-2004, 05:59 AM
I dont like the raise to 5.5k, I would of flat called. Then taken it from there.

If you flop a overpair, you can bet half the pot to see where you are, and if it comes over cards you can bail.

Or you can gamble with the coin flip. I would rather try to avoid coin flips though.

Your play now, is too fold if you think he has a over pair, call if he has over cards (pott odds to justify the coin flip).

Deelah
11-17-2004, 06:21 AM
You gotta have a plan. What do you want with your re-raise and most important of all: what do you do if he comes over the top of you? You canīt be completely surprised when it happens, you GOT to have a plan for it.

Fold? Call his all-in? (I would never waste half my stack on re-raising and then just fold to maybe overcards).

In this spot it is a hard decision so I would just push preflop. A call could be right too and hope for a good flop. Fold or re-raise half your stack is bad options I think.

casper
11-18-2004, 12:20 AM
I really did need a plan. I think I took the worst option by reraising so little. I didn't put him on a big pair so I need to push here and see if I can get him to lay down AQ/AK/KQ . If I don't push I need to smooth call and look for a favorable flop. When he pushed I called and he had AQ. He spiked an ace on the flop and I was done. Thanks for the thoughts I won't make the same mistake again.