PDA

View Full Version : TT against the BB

jrobb83
11-17-2004, 04:04 AM
Very juicy Party 10/20 game. Opponent has 25% vpip, 20% pfr after 84 hands, and is quite aggressive postflop.

It's 5 handed, I openraise on the button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif, BB calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
He check-raises, I 3-bet, he caps.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (J/images/graemlins/club.gif)
He bets, I call.

River: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif (J/images/graemlins/heart.gif)
He bets, I call.

maxpowers21
11-17-2004, 04:34 AM
looks good. Don't see where you could play any differently. Maybe consider a raise on the turn to get him to slow down since you have position and then check it down on the river unless a nine hits, and prob bet if the ten hits too, just in case he was capping a strong draw on the flop like 2 overcards and a flush draw, or a pair and flush draw. I still wouldn't do that though cause you will get three-bet a good amount of the time too and that's too big a con here IMO.

imitation
11-17-2004, 06:41 AM
Looks ok to me.

Zele
11-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Like it.

jrobb83
11-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Nobody likes a raise on the river? I nearly raised the river when playing it, and still think a river raise was correct. Most everything that beats me he would have 3-bet preflop. Throughout the hand I had him on something like K8 or A8. Really the only hands that beat me at this point that he would just call with preflop are 33 and 87.

bxpeter
11-17-2004, 07:40 PM
I like a river raise.
Only 33 beats you on the river. 87 got counterfieted by the 2nd jack on the river. The only problem with a river raise is that I would probably call if he 3-bet.

jrobb83
11-17-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
87 got counterfieted by the 2nd jack on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, I overlooked that.

Assuming I was going to raise, would it be best to raise the turn or river?

maxpowers21
11-17-2004, 08:07 PM
The TURN
1. if you are ahead, give him a chance to fold when he is incorrect to do so. Even if he has as few as 5 outs here, you want him to fold.
2. If he capped the flop with a strong draw such as a pair and flush draw, or two overcards and a flush draw, or 9T then you want to make it as expensive as possible for him to get to that river card.
3. If you are 3bet on the turn you coudl safely fold the river unimproved, where as if you would 3bet onthe river you might still have to call a 3rd bet just because the pot is giving very good odds. (Or maybe not, i dont know how much an underpair will be good to a river reraise.) SO then you won't get 3-bet as much on the river, how's that for a double edged sword, for the plus anyways.

4. If a scare card hits on the river you can check behind him, still gettign in 2 BB's when you most likely have the best hand.