PDA

View Full Version : blind steal - turn

joker122
11-17-2004, 03:13 AM
the hand prior to this, I busted sb by cracking his flopped trips when i turned a flush. he limped utg with T6s that hand, and he just reloaded. that's the closest thing i have to a read.

i open OTB with Ac8h, sb 3bets, bb folds, and i call.

flop is 8s Tc 5c

he bets, i raise, he 3bets, i call.

turn is Ts

he bets, i?

Scotch78
11-17-2004, 03:20 AM
I'm not too worried about him having a ten, but I also don't think he'll give up if you represent one. I'd call down to find out if he's tilting. That information is definitely worth 2BB.

Scott

DrGutshot
11-17-2004, 03:53 AM
What was your plan if the turn was a blank? Are you in calldown mode or were you planning a raise?

I probably raise here, he will still call with overcards

-DrG

jrobb83
11-17-2004, 04:10 AM
I'd just call this one down, and bet if checked to. You really don't want to be faced with a 3-bet that you have to call.

joker122
11-17-2004, 04:21 AM
so you think he 3bets the flop with overcards or an underpair?

DrGutshot
11-17-2004, 04:28 AM
Sorry - I forgot to add the obvious overpair possibility which he would definetly call you down with. I think he would be very aggressive with a midpair with a decent kicker or a pair with a draw. From your description, it sounds like he could be tilting as well.

so again, raise the turn.

-DrG

jrobb83
11-17-2004, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

so you think he 3bets the flop with overcards or an underpair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a weaker 8, or a smaller chance of nothing at all. Right after a hand like that when my opponent bets or raises me every chance he gets, I don't trust it. The pot is large enough by this point for me to want to see his hand before I give him the pot.

J.R.
11-17-2004, 05:02 AM
yes, and, although discounted, second or bottom pair, clubs or he could on tilt.

imitation
11-17-2004, 06:13 AM
I rarely find people are on tilt after a bust out or some other weird action when they play their hands this agro. I would call it down, because I can't fold to the turn 3-bet even though it should obviously tell me i'm beat. Maybe that is a flaw in my play but i'd rather he keep betting the club draw if he's pushing it that hard and call to see SD.