PDA

View Full Version : j9 suited hand

PackerFan22
11-17-2004, 01:30 AM
i have J9 suited in big blinds i check. (comments?) there were 4 limpers

flop is J92 small blind check i fire out a large bet - they all fold. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

do you think i bet too much?

rickthekeg
11-17-2004, 01:53 AM
you suck at life.

(sorry to others for bumping this thread)

phixxx
11-17-2004, 02:17 AM
Down the street, not across the road.

Make it count.

amulet
11-17-2004, 02:51 AM
i'll assume the board was rainbow, and that players are somewhat aggressive. flopping top 2 pair in nl, allows you to shut out draws. however, in a typical online tourney, i check, let someone bet, maybe someone else call, then make a nice raise. you could even make a case for waiting until the turn to shut them out. but i would probably do it on ther flop.

Lloyd
11-17-2004, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have J9 suited in big blinds i check. (comments?) there were 4 limpers

flop is J92 small blind check i fire out a large bet - they all fold. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

do you think i bet too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple answer, yes. If you fired off a "large" bet and they all folded, you probably bet too much. But we really do need to know if it was a rainbow flop as a flush draw on top of a straight draw changes things. Nobody expects the BB to flop two pair. I'd be pretty confident to check this and see if someone else bets. If they make a real bet (somewhere around pot size) i would smooth call it as they are probably not on a draw. Then I would hope to check-raise the turn.

zaxx19
11-17-2004, 04:12 AM
Im slow playing(chack-call) and watching out for a K or a Q or a 10 those are really the only cards I'm super scared of hitting on the turn check again and hope too trap someone big time.