[/ QUOTE ]

One can only hope.

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif busguy

KungFuSandwich
11-17-2004, 09:09 PM
erick "seidel" seidel?
Just title it top 9 players man.....Dont force it
I did like John "Jacob" Juwanda though

Whats bad about this guy is he isnt even a good troll.

Duke
11-17-2004, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His name is my name too.

~D

whiskeytown
11-17-2004, 10:03 PM
listened to the Rounders commentaries today - one by the directors, one by the 4 WSOP champions...including Johnny Chan.

in both cases, both Johnny Chan and the directors said this was a bad portryal of Erik Seidel - Phil H. called him one of the most underrated poker players in the world, and even the directors admitted it was rough in the way it portrayed Erik, but they needed that setup of flopping the nut st8 and checking it down all the way as forshadowing of what Matt Damon's character would do later. -

so leave Erik in the top 10, you bastard.

RB

fsuplayer
11-18-2004, 02:01 AM
i think kungfu just meant that if he couldnt think up anything better than erik "seidel" seidel, he should have only had 9 players on the list. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

later

fsuplayer

trillig
11-18-2004, 03:37 AM
No one complained about Dutch being on the list?

What has this forum become?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Bri

zaxx19
11-18-2004, 04:52 AM
Annie Duke??? thats like perhaps the most preposterous thing ive ever seen posted here since some donkeys on MTT said calling an all-in with AK(uns) on the first hand was "automatic".

She has like one bracelet. And it is in 8 or B a very hard game but also one of only avg popularity and hence competition. Her bluff in last yrs main event was so desperate and misplaced that she got called by ace-high. She just isnt a top 50 NLH player. Nlh is definitely the game of choice and more importantly $$$ these days so..

MY TOP TEN:
1)CHIP REESE
2)DANIEL NEGREANU
3) TED FORREST
AND IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER...
CHRIS FERGUSON
GUS HANSEN
DOYLE BRUNSON
JOHNNY CHAN
Phil hellmuth
PHIL IVEY
JOHN JUANDA
howard lederer
(wait thats 11, lol)

HONORABLE MENTION-- HARRINGTON,MEN,CHAU GIANG, SCOTTY, NGUYEN,and if yu want a token women JEN HARMON is 30x the player Duke is...

Strangelove9
11-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Here's the real list:
no particular order (current, not all-time)

Ted Forrest
Daniel Negreanu
John Juanda
Layne Flack
Howard Lederer
Johnny Chan
Phil Hellmuth
Gus Hanson
Phil Ivey
Barry Greenstein

Others: Carlos Mortenson, John Hennigan, TJ Cloutier, Annie Duke, Doyle Brunson, Martin Dekniff

LargeCents
11-18-2004, 03:47 PM
My list:

1.TJ Cloutier
2.TJ Cloutier
3.TJ Cloutier
4.TJ Cloutier
5.TJ Cloutier
6.TJ Cloutier
7.TJ Cloutier
8.TJ Cloutier
9.TJ Cloutier

TJ Cloutier has the perfect combination of luck and skill. Howard Lederer has enough skill, but not enough luck to win as a 5-1 favorite. Johnny Chan also a man with mad skills but suffers mad suckouts too often. Gus Hanson, Phil Ivey are still rookies, still needing to perfect the art of avoiding suckouts. Doyle and Chip used up too much of their luck in the old days and don't have enough left to avoid critical suckouts today. Barry Greenstein will make the list when he learns to look befuddled while holding the nuts. Seidel gets on my list when he learns to walk and talk like a Texan.

TheJackal
11-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Where has Paul Phillips been lately? Probably soaking it up in some sunny place with his millions of dollars, (Lucky F'ER!). Yes I am jealous.
The point of my post, uh why isn't he on the top ten currently? He's had a good two years, no bracelet yet, but he will one day. It looks like I am waxing his car, but I think he is a top ten player currently...

zaxx19
11-19-2004, 08:17 AM
Paul Phillips??

That rich guy who had a few solid WPT showings??
Are you joking>>?? If he is top 10 does that mean that jerkoff Ron "ive been successfull at everything blah blah blah Rose" is top 20 in your book?? Um lets at least make the guy have 1 bracelet until he is considered top 10 OK!!
Phillips would get killed in a cash game with Doyle, Chip, Barry and Forrest..He knows it and even if you asked him he would tell you he isnt really that close to the ELITE of the sport; who coincidentally might play the WSOP and some WPT tourneys, but concentrate on side games at Bellagio where they can make 10x as much $$ swindling dumb Texan enron execs and SNL bankers who swindled the public....seems like divine justice too me.

aeakos
11-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Gus Hansen and TJ seem to be missing.

deacsoft
11-24-2004, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dutch "chip" boyd

[/ QUOTE ]

Up and coming perhaps, but anywhere near the top 10 right now? Not a chance in hell.

Slacker13
11-24-2004, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dutch "chip" boyd

[/ QUOTE ]

Every post this guy is pumping or pimping Dutch Boyd. I think he is in love with him, probably has an autographed poster of DB on his wall.

deacsoft
11-24-2004, 06:42 PM
I have no personal problem with Mr. Boyd. He actually gave me some no-limit lessons many months ago (via hand histories and e-mail). He was very cool about it and gave me some solid advice. I'm just trying to be honest here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

italianstang
11-24-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His name is my name too.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Your name is John Jacob Juanda? Funny.

slickpoppa
11-24-2004, 07:38 PM
I find it amazing that Packerfan22's posts have managed to live this long

emil3000
11-25-2004, 09:19 AM
just to keep the post alive.

isn't dutch a nickname? and his first name like russ or something?

deacsoft
11-25-2004, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just to keep the post alive.

isn't dutch a nickname? and his first name like russ or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right.

mojorisin24
11-25-2004, 02:13 PM
I think Strangelove9's list pretty much hits the nail on the head. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

emil3000
11-26-2004, 02:25 PM
It's pretty stupid to nickname him "chip" then. It's not like there's a lack of chips in the poker world.

Duke
11-26-2004, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your name is John Jacob Juanda? Funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's not Jacob or John or Juanda either.

Apparently not everyone was in first grade 22 years ago singing gay songs.

~D

SossMan
11-26-2004, 07:41 PM
we got it, jinglehiemer schmidt

drdre2001mm
11-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Since this type of thread is made every other day, I chose not to answer this one.

Duke
11-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Why are guys like Chau Giang and David Gray always left off these lists?

And come on... Phil Hellmuth? Layne Flack? Martin Dekniff? You're joking, right?

~D

Beavis68
11-26-2004, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dutch "chip" boyd

[/ QUOTE ]

Up and coming perhaps,

[/ QUOTE ]

Up and coming in fischman's ass

TT_fold
11-27-2004, 02:10 AM
I actually like your posts, Packerfan22. Erick "Seidel" Seidel... now's that comedy!

Synth
11-27-2004, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are guys like Chau Giang and David Gray always left off these lists?

And come on... Phil Hellmuth? Layne Flack? Martin Dekniff? You're joking, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, it's funny how you can honestly say Phil Hellmuth shouldn't be on that list. Wahahahaha! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Where has Paul Phillips been lately? Probably soaking it up in some sunny place with his millions of dollars, (Lucky F'ER!). Yes I am jealous.
The point of my post, uh why isn't he on the top ten currently? He's had a good two years, no bracelet yet, but he will one day. It looks like I am waxing his car, but I think he is a top ten player currently...

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul Phillips? Give me a break.

well seeing how everyone has expressed who they believe to be the 10 best players in poker, I shall do the same.

My top 10 players...

1) Phil Hellmuth /images/graemlins/smile.gif
2) Doyle Brunson
3) Chip Reese
4) Johnny Chan
5) Berry Greenstein
6) Ted Forrest
7) Phil Ivey
8) Howard Lederer
9) Men "The Master"
10) Gus Hansen

Others: Chau Giang, Marcel Luske, Layne Flack, Daniel Negreanu, John Juanda, Scotty Nguyen, Dan Harrignton, Chris Ferguson, and for the ladies... Jennifer Harmon who I believe to be the BEST lady poker player. Sorry Annie. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pacman544
11-30-2004, 05:06 AM
Chau should be on everyones list. He has quietly done great in the biggest cash game around.

Grease
11-30-2004, 05:24 AM
Thanks for being the only enlightened soul that I saw that acknowledges T.J.'s superiority. He is the best poker player on Earth. I can't vouch for his luck, but his skill is unbelievable.

The T.A.
11-30-2004, 05:48 AM
Heh. Dutch Boyd?

My top ten, in no particular order.

Phil Hellmuth
Daniel Negreanu
Howard Lederer
Phil Ivey
Chip Reese
Barry Greenstein
Johnny Chan
Ted Forrest
Doyle Brunson
John Juanda

Others: Dan Harrington, Marcel Luske, Devilfish Ulliot, T.J. Cloutier, Julian Gardner.

Synth
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for being the only enlightened soul that I saw that acknowledges T.J.'s superiority. He is the best poker player on Earth. I can't vouch for his luck, but his skill is unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 1 person I forgot to mention (which is pretty pathetic because Cloutier is such a great poker player), however I wouldn't go as far as saying "he's the best poker player on Earth". Cloutier is definitaly in my top 15.

[ QUOTE ]
Others: Dan Harrington, Marcel Luske, Devilfish Ulliot, T.J. Cloutier, JULIAN GARDNER.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, but do you really believe Gardner to be a notable mention?

rgreenm90
12-01-2004, 01:36 AM
Agree about Chau. He and Chip Reece are guys who could be amazingly successful in tournaments but they decide to make the real bucks in the Big Game.
My list is divided into three parts.

Cash Gamers
Chau Giang
Chip Reece

Tournament Players
Phil Hellmuth
Dan Harrington
Howard Lederer

All Around
Johnny Chan
John Juanda
Daniel Negreanu
Doyle Brunson
Ted Forrest

Honorable mention: Phil Ivey, Gus Hansen and Layne Flack

PoBoy321
12-01-2004, 03:26 AM
Honestly, I think that we never have heard of, and never will hear of the top ten best poker players in the world, probably because they want it that way. I mean, of course, the heavy hitters like doyle brunson, chip reese and johnny chan we all know, but if you've read Negranu's site, one of the things he says is that a lot of these "big names" you see on tv tournaments are broke and getting staked. If you want to find the best poker players in the world, I think you're gonna find them in the Bellagio, or in some of the big games in Europe making real money, not spending 3 days in a tournament trying to win half the money they could in big cash games.

The T.A.
12-01-2004, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, but do you really believe Gardner to be a notable mention?

[/ QUOTE ]
Aside from Gardner's (obvious) 2nd place finish in WSOP 2002's Main Event, he has cashed every year he's played in the Main Event, has numerous European titles, and many top five cashes between 2000 and 2002.

Plus, he's young -- full of potential. And I just love his play. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just a note - add Carlos Mortensen to my list, as well.

emil3000
12-01-2004, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Heh. Dutch Boyd?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Bryan Watkins should be on the list.