PDA

View Full Version : No-Limit HE hand at pokerstars freeroll

09-17-2001, 10:06 AM
One of my first no-limit tourney experiences, I'm rather weak in tourneys in general (mostly because lack of experience) but no-limit is way over my head. I have 2205 in chips and the blinds are 25/50 and I get KK in early position. I raise 50 and get a caller in middle position and everyone else except the SB folds.

Afterwards I thought I should have raised more or limped in, correct?

Flop comes [9h 5c Qd], and I bet 400. MP player raises 400 (she has 1500) and SB folds. I'm fairly sure she has something like AQ or KQ but think there is slight chance for Q9s or even Q5s or semi-bluff with something like JT because I had won many pots just by betting the flop so I think she might think I'm bluffing. I raise all-in and she calls with his remaining 600. Was the all-in raise correct, or should I just have called? I will post results afterwards.

09-17-2001, 02:47 PM
Pre-flop I would raise to 175.

On the flop with 350 in the pot a bet of 400 is reasonable. 300 or 350 would do the same job.

When you are raised by 400 you do need to try to decide what your opponent has. The only draw is JT although it is unlikely they would only raise 400 if they have JT. The opponent knows that it is likely you will call a raise of 400 so JT seems less likely.

AQ, KQ, 99 and 55 are the most likely hands. It is possible Q9s or Q5s but most would fold those hands to an early raiser but one never knows.

Being this is an on-line freeroll, I would call the raise. I see no real advantage of raising all-in. It seems very unlikely they will fold to a re-raise of 600 with 1800+ in the pot.

Ken Poklitar