PDA

View Full Version : Game Selection (low content)

TomCollins
11-17-2004, 12:49 AM
So even though I proimsed to quit internet poker until Jan 1, I won $20 from a friend who gave me 2-1 odds on the election (I picked Bush, but I easily would have picked Kerry for 2-1 odds). He deposited it in my Stars account, and I decided to horse around on the $.01/.02 table. I started with $5, and abused a few people at first, and worked my stack up.

Since Pokerstars won't kick you out of a heads up table for sitting out (even 8 hours at a time), I decided to see how high I could run my stack. About 3 days later, I have $80 on the table. Now, there is the bug to get more money on the table, but most people don't know about that.

The amazing thing is, I get player after player coming in to play me. You would think they would realize you dont get an $80 stack by being a poor player, but obviously they don't. What in the world could someone possibly be thinking?

Funny part:
Through 1,422 hands, my stats are as follows:
VP$IP 65.33%
PFR 44.16%
BB/100 102.76!!!!

Total rake: 11.70!!!

I wish I could pull off this success at 1/2 NL.

TheTimeIsUp
11-17-2004, 04:55 AM
That is definalety not close to enough hands to see your true rates..looks like you have been gettin cards so far though.

TomCollins
11-17-2004, 06:19 PM
The players are truly awful. I wouldn't be surprised if I could keep a rate over 50BB/100 at these tables.

I am even playing my fairly tight friend who I have been getting good cards to beat, but it takes sometimes several hundred hands to bust him.