PDA

View Full Version : QJo BB/TP 4-flush on flop

jkstay
11-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Party 2/4 table. I don't have specific reads on the players in this hand, but the table has been loose and passive overall. I'm kind of unsure about all streets...

I'm in BB with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 folds, EP2 calls, EP3 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, folded to me, 1 check. 4 to the flop.

Flop (4.5 SB): 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, everyone calls.

Turn (4.25 BB): [ 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, EP2 calls, EP3 folds, MP2 calls. 3 to the turn.

River (7.25 BB): [ 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, everyone calls.

<font color="blue"> I have to bet this river, right? </font>

Thanks in advance for your comments.

MCS
11-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Yes, you proably need to bet, because the lack of a raise at any point in the hand means that nobody flopped a flush. Also, nobody made their one-card flush on the river. Missed one-card flushes may fold, but you might get a call from a 7 or something.

If you get raised, would you fold?

jkstay
11-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Good question. I probably should fold if I got raised, but I doubt I would. I have a really hard time folding for one more bet after I've already put one bet in on a street. Something I need to work on...

RichHarden
11-17-2004, 12:31 AM
Looks like a definite bet the river, fold to a raise situation.

WillMagic
11-17-2004, 05:20 AM
Why fold to a raise? What hand does the river make?

If someone raises me here, then I'm seeing his hand. Making laydowns like this routinely is not a good idea. B, we should chat online about this one.

Will